Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Hopefully we can get him for a bit less than £24M though. Seems pricey for a lad who has hardly played recently but then prices have gone crazy.

Says it would only be rising to 24 with all addons. If you look at prices at the moment, I genuinely think that's a great deal for a player who was one of the top in his position in the league only one and a half years ago, still in his prime and hasn't been injured or anything, and will be hungry to get back to that level AND is in a position we desperately need. I'd be buzzing if it came off.

He's basically a much better McCarthy and we saw last night how well Gueye and Barkley work with another energetic midfielder.

Says it would only be rising to 24 with all addons. If you look at prices at the moment, I genuinely think that's a great deal for a player who was one of the top in his position in the league only one and a half years ago, still in his prime and hasn't been injured or anything, and will be hungry to get back to that level AND is in a position we desperately need. I'd be buzzing if it came off.

He's basically a much better McCarthy and we saw last night how well Gueye and Barkley work with another energetic midfielder.

I would be happy enough to keep McCarthy. Cleverley is the one who I would be looking to shift as he offers nothing in high stakes games.
Schneiderlin would be an excellent signing.

24mill, made up with that me, think he was quality at Southampton, and was quality under koeman aswell, and we finally have a direct replacement for barry ( if the deal comes off )

Schneiderlin would be a helpful addition, but Everton are playing a dangerous game if they continue to focus their spending on players over the age of 26/27.

Schneiderlin would be a helpful addition, but Everton are playing a dangerous game if they continue to focus their spending on players over the age of 26/27.

I guess it gives time for the academy players to try and force their way in.
We don't need to be buying potential, we need ready made 1st teamers currently.

Reactions: JLW
Why laaa. Theres no reason why he cant play until 35 like Barry. That means 9yrs left at the top level.

1. That's true, but there's also no way of knowing he won't age like Schweinsteiger. Studies are clear that performances decline after the age of 27.
2. We know, of course, that players past that age don't have much sell-on value.

So you're investing in depreciating assets, and if you don't have someone likes Stones to sell for £40+ million, it gets difficult to balance your finances.

1. That's true, but there's also no way of knowing he won't age like Schweinsteiger. Studies are clear that performances decline after the age of 27.
2. We know, of course, that players past that age don't have much sell-on value.

So you're investing in depreciating assets, and if you don't have someone likes Stones to sell for £40+ million, it gets difficult to balance your finances.

Then you're in a situation where you by over priced kids who may not develop or are just not good enough when under pressure.

Nothing wrong with buying people in their prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back