Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
why can't we get VVD? if you throw enough money at a club and throw enough wages at someone then there's a very good chance he would come. Who is to say the rs and mancs value him at under 30m and we bid 40m and get him.

I'd be delighted if the Pickford rumours gather pace as well, I'd be over the moon with him.

So sign him the last week of January instead?

AFCON doesn't finish until 15th Feb.

Obviously, he's not guaranteed to be gone that long, but don't see the point in signing a player in the middle of the season who can't come in and have an immediate impact.

That's why Jan is so difficult. No time for players to settle - they have to be straight into it.

Obviously, he's not guaranteed to be gone that long, but don't see the point in signing a player in the middle of the season who can't come in and have an immediate impact.

That's why Jan is so difficult. No time for players to settle - they have to be straight into it.

still wouldn't be surprised if we went for Kone mate but I really would like us to break the bank and go for VVD. that kid would give us 5/6 seasons of quality defending and he's got a gob on him on the pitch.

We need to balls up next month and splash some serious cash but on the type of players who are going to give us a good 3-5 years minimum top service.

...As mentioned a couple of weeks ago, two pieces of incoming business from Manchester United in Schneiderlin and Depay.

Pickford is high on the radar.

Do you think that Depay will be a loan deal?

I can imagine Sunderland needing to recruit another goal scorer in order to help them stay up rather than looking to retain a very promising keeper. If they are as cash strapped for transfers as they say they are, then taking £15m to 20m for Pickford and re-investing it might help save their season.

@bluestevon - question about Dzagoev.

If we're looking at him, where do you think we want him to play? DM, like he has been recently - but would he struggle with the extra defensive responsibility and physicality compared to the Russian league? Or further up the field in an attacking position - and would he struggle with how much less time he'd have on the ball?

@bluestevon - question about Dzagoev.

If we're looking at him, where do you think we want him to play? DM, like he has been recently - but would he struggle with the extra defensive responsibility and physicality compared to the Russian league? Or further up the field in an attacking position - and would he struggle with how much less time he'd have on the ball?

If Schneiderlin came in, and Dzagoev were to be signed as well, I can only imagine the latter would be competition for Barkley.

Schneiderlin would be the box to box player.

I genuinely think we'll see us stick with 4-3-3 now. He has actually played it in the last few games, but yesterday was the first time it worked properly.

If Koeman and Walsh rate him, and the price won't be an difference now vs. in the summer (Release Clause), then I see no point to waiting on the off chance that we can't use him for two weeks. Getting him now gives him a chance to bed in prior to next year as well, and let's face it, we'll not be challenging for top spots this year.

That said, I don't particularly rate Kone so I'd rather we look elsewhere, just for different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back