Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midtjylaand or whatever they're called used it to great effect? But they basically focused on setpieces, the only parts of football that you could quantify in any applicable way. Not buying a player just because he's 27 or 28 is Zat-level demented

I'm not arguing this point with you or @bluestevon. Analytics/Moneyball research should be treated like your sense of smell. It tips you off that there's something you don't see but should go look for (like a possible fire).

My primary point was that yes, Schneiderlin would be a good signing for the squad. But if Everton continue to invest mostly in players who have no sell-on value, in a few years they're going to have an old squad with little financial flexibility to get around FFP rules.

I would not be surprised to see Cleverley, Niasse, Gibson, Kone and for the right money Mirallas leave.

I don't think we can afford to lose anybody else until the summer.
I don't think there is anyway McCarthy will be sold unless there is a colossal bid.

I'm not arguing this point with you or @bluestevon. Analytics/Moneyball research should be treated like your sense of smell. It tips you off that there's something you don't see but should go look for (like a possible fire).

My primary point was that yes, Schneiderlin would be a good signing for the squad. But if Everton continue to invest mostly in players who have no sell-on value, in a few years they're going to have an old squad with little financial flexibility to get around FFP rules.
It's fine. Gana is already going to cost a billion pounds when Real Madrid buys him this summer.

Then again mate can argue the fact in a squad which was disintegrating bringing in players of a currently peak age is a very good way to stabalise the squad initially, IF it continues that only 27+ age players are bought then yeah can be a problem down the road, but as a club we seem to still be targetting players under 21 for the academy who are quickly processed into the first team, Galloway, DCL and holgate, each of whom would if we wish (DLC aside as he's still unproven really) give a substantial profit in a few years time should we wish to sell

Oh here, I don't want Schneiderlin. I don't think signing him would represent a "policy" though. It's not as if we're going to go out and buy a raft of near 30 year olds off the back of this one signing

He is meant to be a replacement for Barry? Why not. He worked perfectly in Koeman's system at Soton.

Oh here, I don't want Schneiderlin. I don't think signing him would represent a "policy" though. It's not as if we're going to go out and buy a raft of near 30 year olds off the back of this one signing

Take Schneiderlin - IF he signed and we went with him, Gueye and Barkley as a midfield 3 would give us a average age in that three of 25 - pretty much perfect i'd say - 2 x27 yo's and a 23 yo, that would be a steady central midfield for 3-4 seasons before age became even a consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back