Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard someone mention Chris Brunt this morning and our apparent interest in signing him, seems a bit of a random one but his versatility would be useful and he's hugely underrated.

Would love that - he's absolutely brilliant. One of the best LBs currently in the Prem for sure.

I haven't seen much of him but apparently he's meant to have been instrumental in West Broms recent run of form, so it'd probably be difficult to convince them to sell. I thought the same about Ashley Williams though to be fair and we managed to get him in.

I'll be serious here for a minute. He's an excellent player for NI and probably playing the best football of his career. He has an unbelievable left foot and is a tenacious little brute. But not getting any younger and not good enough for Everton.

No he's not but they will get as much as they can just like they did with Carroll. Just giving him away will leave a big hole in the accounts so they will try to make that hole as small as possible. Looking the other way getting something for the other 2 would be clear profit which may enable Niasse to go for less.

Think its going to be swings and roundabouts with Niasse - we might get a few loan fees for him but the clubs that take him will want us to pay a % of his wages or we just draw a line under it and get him out the club to save the three years left on his 40-50k a week contract. We have been badly burned with Niasse and think people are right to think there has been something dodgy with his transfer because I just cant understand how we could get a transfer so badly wrong.

I'll be serious here for a minute. He's an excellent player for NI and probably playing the best football of his career. He has an unbelievable left foot and is a tenacious little brute. But not getting any younger and not good enough for Everton.

If we could get him though then surely transfer fee and wages wouldn't be too much of an issue, the biggest sticking point is convincing West Brom to let him leave, even if we had to chuck a couple of extra million at them it still wouldn't break the bank.

I think we could convince him we're a better prospect than West Brom and he'd get plenty of games.

Pretty much this, cracking delivery but it would mean dropping baines or Bolasie/kev. Something I wouldn't want to see.

I will cede that he would have added something but, I feel, every player he has signed bar Gueye is flawed. Bolasie gives us pace and power with good crosses...but is beyond massively streaky. Stekleback is prone to huge gaff's in judgement but can pull out the amazing. Williams....don't really think he's been as solid as his reputation dictates.

I'd just like one player that fits us. All of his signings help us in parts but leave us wanting in others.

But that's what you get when you finish 11th two years running mate...

If we could get him though then surely transfer fee and wages wouldn't be too much of an issue, the biggest sticking point is convincing West Brom to let him leave, even if we had to chuck a couple of extra million at them it still wouldn't break the bank.

I think we could convince him we're a better prospect than West Brom and he'd get plenty of games.
But he's not actually very good. He's the sort of player Moyes would have signed. Fine but meh. I hope we are aiming higher.

Where would you play him Bungle? Think he is a good player but wouldnt have him over Baines as think he is a better player going forwards rather than defending. Said in the Baines thread the other day he looked better against Arsenal because he was on the front foot more and seemed to have the confidence that if he went we had the legs in midfield to cover for him. If Koeman was to go for another left back who is more defensive minded then there are better options for us. Like him as a left sided midfielder and would provide more assists than Mirallas who has been a shadow of the player he has been this season so would prob take him as a stop gap for left midfield. If we are after a below the radar left sided mid id go for Albrighton. Works hard and quality crossing. Think we missed the boat with Chadli as well, whenever he has been fit for WBA this season hes looked a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back