Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right, but not 'recent' per se. RECENTLY we were getting pipped by the mighty Stoke and W'ham.

I do not count Sissoko because that is someone I despair us going after..

He'd have added something to our side.

Not devastated we didn't get him but Koeman and Walsh's signings so far (even Valencia now) have all improved us in one way or another.

Going to be a bit weird that both Baines and Jags should have testimonials this summer but neither are certs to be here then..

Baines will be IMO.

He proved the other night he's still got more than enough left. He's only 32 ffs.

What he does need is quality competition/somebody to take over in the long term.

Jags, yes, I think we may well see leave. If not in Jan, he'll be gone in the summer.

He'd have added something to our side.

Not devastated we didn't get him but Koeman and Walsh's signings so far (even Valencia now) have all improved us in one way or another.
"Something" isn't what we need tho. Look at our team and what is missing. Fight. That's not Sissoko. Would he give us power and such like Ross does on occasion? Sure. But what we need is fight hunger and desire in our team and that is the antithesis of Sissoko.

People are dreaming if you think were going to a) sign loads in Jan and b) let go of loads in Jan.

Its all well and good saying 'sell Jags/Kev' etc but who in the right mind would take them?

You do not sell your club captain in January. Sorry but it just doesnt happen.

Jags is off if we get centre half in.
Moyes desperate for him.

??

"Something" isn't what we need tho. Look at our team and what is missing. Fight. That's not Sissoko. Would he give us power and such like Ross does on occasion? Sure. But what we need is fight hunger and desire in our team and that is the antithesis of Sissoko.

Well, our side is also missing pace, power and height in the middle of the park.

He'd have added that.

Koeman will only bring in players he believes he can get the best out of. Sissoko was enquired about three weeks before the window closed, like it or not he was a target and Koeman wanted him, and IMO would have known how he wanted to use him.

He didn't sign. Not the end of the world. But just because he hasn't been a success at Spurs doesn't mean he wouldn't have been for us either. We'll likely never know. Don't think anyone will lose any sleep either way.

Well, our side is also missing pace, power and height in the middle of the park.

He'd have added that.

Koeman will only bring in players he believes he can get the best out of. Sissoko was enquired about three weeks before the window closed, like it or not he was a target and Koeman wanted him, and IMO would have known how he wanted to use him.

He didn't sign. Not the end of the world. But just because he hasn't been a success at Spurs doesn't mean he wouldn't have been for us either. We'll likely never know. Don't think anyone will lose any sleep either way.
I will cede that he would have added something but, I feel, every player he has signed bar Gueye is flawed. Bolasie gives us pace and power with good crosses...but is beyond massively streaky. Stekleback is prone to huge gaff's in judgement but can pull out the amazing. Williams....don't really think he's been as solid as his reputation dictates.

I'd just like one player that fits us. All of his signings help us in parts but leave us wanting in others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back