Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashle
*Baines, Leighton John
*Barkley, Ross
*Barry, Gareth
Besic, Muhamed
Bolasie, Yannick
*Browning, Tyias
*Cleverley, Thomas William
Coleman, Seamus
Deulofeu Lazaro, Gerard
Funes Mori, Jose Ramiro
*Gibson, Darron Thomas Daniel
Gueye, Idrissa Gana
*Jagielka, Philip Nikodem
Kone, Arouna
*Lennon, Aaron
*Lukaku, Romelu Menama
*McCarthy, James
Mirallas Y Castillo, Kevin Antonio Joel Gislain
Niasse, Baye Oumar
Oviedo Jimenez, Bryan Josue
*Pennington, Matthew
Robles Blazquez, Joel
Stekelenburg, Maarten
Valencia Lastra, Enner Remberto
*Williams, Ashley Errol

Heres a link confirming the squad and the HG players.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/84136
Ashley Williams middle name pays homage to one of the worlds greatest defenders and who graced goodison park one Earl Barrett !

That's 7 league fixtures at most; given that we don't usually see signings until later in January, reasonably less than 7.

If the kid is good enough, he's good enough. I don't understand not signing someone over 7 missed fixtures.

Like saying you wouldn't have Suarez because he misses 7 games a year for biting. The other 35 games (inc cups) he gets you 40 goals.

We still need to get McGeady out aswell - I know its nice to conveniently forget about him whilst he is on loan at Preston but how much of his 50k a week salary do you think Preston are paying?! We need to decide whether letting the likes of Gibson, McGeady, Niasse go on a free is more prudent than paying all or the majority of their wages whilst they sit here or play elsewhere on loan. Those three alone are probably earning 150k per week between them - £7.8million a year in wages down the toilet..... Take the hit on the transfer fees and just get them off the wage bill.

You mean the same lennon who for the first time all season got the home crowd off their feet and started the turn around on the pitch on tuesday?

Personally i'd say he is one of the players we need to keep hold of for the squad over all the others who offer nothing like that.

Which is why I wrote the last bit ;)

We still need to get McGeady out aswell - I know its nice to conveniently forget about him whilst he is on loan at Preston but how much of his 50k a week salary do you think Preston are paying?! We need to decide whether letting the likes of Gibson, McGeady, Niasse go on a free is more prudent than paying all or the majority of their wages whilst they sit here or play elsewhere on loan. Those three alone are probably earning 150k per week between them - £7.8million a year in wages down the toilet..... Take the hit on the transfer fees and just get them off the wage bill.

Jesus I had forgotten about him!

He epitomises everything about Martinez for me.

Im a big advocate of signing talent under 23, but the aims now is to get back into Europe. Right now we need players to get us there, with Barkley, Lukaku, Holgate, Coleman, Gueye balancing the average age with the likes of Barry, Jagielka and Williams. Once we have European football, then we can look at investing in the future as well as the current squad.

for me it is a bit of a rock and hard place. Ideally i would want the club to rebuild the team completely with younger players based on performances so far this season. However Koeman is not a long term manager so it would make it difficult for us to do that and maintain it if/when koeman leaves us for a better job/more money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franck_Kessié

Never heard of him but being linked with a £20m move in the Italian press.

Having googled him and watched a Youtube video I reckon he'd be ideal for us. Plays like a Gana with more of an attacking threat. 19 too so could be an excellent long term signing. Only downside is African Cup of Nations....

Seen him play once for Atalanta a month or so ago and thought he was a cracking player. Only 19 and scored with a cooly taken late pen.

You mean the same lennon who for the first time all season got the home crowd off their feet and started the turn around on the pitch on tuesday?

Personally i'd say he is one of the players we need to keep hold of for the squad over all the others who offer nothing like that.

As the only winger who might threaten to put in a shift defensively he's worth keeping, if just for that option.

Gibson and McGeady you could do that to as they have no value on the books so to speak. Niasse you couldn't it to though as he would probably still have a £10m value which I couldn't see them writing off.

Like saying you wouldn't have Suarez because he misses 7 games a year for biting. The other 35 games (inc cups) he gets you 40 goals.

Those 7 games he misses though could well cost you the league title.

look at liverpools run, he missed the first x amount, they didn't win them all. If they had won a couple more that year they would have been champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back