Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im guessing you are saying im ridiculous, in which case let me explain.
Every winning team needs that bit of quality to win trophies.
Suarez was world class that year, literally. Liverpool did not have the quality required to win the league once he went missing for a few games for various incidents.

United for example when they win the league have something like Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez with Berbatov as a sub. City had say aguero and dzeko but needed the likes of negredo and jovetic (although the latter two struggled a little). Liverpool had suarez, Sturridge and coutinho, but in reserve they only had Iago Aspas IIRC. You need more quality than just one world class striker.

You cannot tell me that Mignolet, Henderson, allen and co would be great champions ? Gerrard, Sturridge and Suarez yes, but the rest no. My argument is not about Suarez and his qualitites, its about the rest around them including the bench when players get injured etc.

I think you and I probably agree, I just can't be arsed to call out every ridiculous idea here by poster. If you want quality, get quality.

*not to mention that if you sign a guy for 4 years, 7 games is s very small run of games

If scheiderlin signs like I think he will, then think dzagoev may be brought in a bit like tadic was used at saints mate. His versatility has the bonus of being able to change things in game a lot as well.

That was what I would have thought and makes sense. That would be Depay's position too though which makes it a bit less clear.

Would rather spend 20 on Wilson than 11 on Lookaman.... We need players who can slot into the squad now. Plus it weakens Bournemouth.

Schneiderlin, Depay, Dzagoev and Wilson would be a quality January window*. Adding a CB would be grand, but 5 in is a big ask. A stronger midfield will benefit the defense as well.... Think keeper will have to keep til summer.

Outgoings would be nice too......

*Says this knowing in reality we will sign Niasse's less talented brother and perhaps a drunk squirrel.

Hope we get schniderlin and Depay. The Ever Banega link is just hilarious, we have been linked with him for the last 7 or 8 years. Wilson would be OK, I think I would rather resign Naismith than sign Valencia on a permenant deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back