Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh I see, I just hadn't seen it on any threads and being an American myself I found it interesting. From the videos I have seen of him he isn't afraid to jump up and knock the ball out of the way on a free kick or corner. I also like how he would get up quickly and try to start a counter, some goalies just like to lay on the ground after making a save.

I'm sure nothing will come of his trial but just thought I'd mention it.

American Goalkeeper from Monmouth University is on trial right now for Everton. Name is Eric Klenofsky, is 6 foot 6. Lead the NCAA in goals against average twice. Just thought I would mention that Everton are looking at him right now in case no one else has

Doesn't score a single goal on a YouTube highlights video, definate no from me.

Doesn't score a single goal on a YouTube highlights video, definate no from me.
Hahaha, needed that laugh today, thanks for that.

Is it January yet? I'm getting anxious to see if bringing in Moshiri, Koeman, and Walsh will do anything for us. They deserve a few windows but I am hoping this upcoming window is better than the summer.

American Goalkeeper from Monmouth University is on trial right now for Everton. Name is Eric Klenofsky, is 6 foot 6. Lead the NCAA in goals against average twice. Just thought I would mention that Everton are looking at him right now in case no one else has

boss music, great triple save 2 minutes in, called a backstop in the link eggs posted, absolutely massive.....sign him up I say.

boss music, great triple save 2 minutes in, called a backstop in the link eggs posted, absolutely massive.....sign him up I say.
That triple save was ridiculous, kid has a lot of heart and you can tell puts it all on the line. Can't see him being a number 1 right away. I think if Everton sees anything in him in this trial, snatch him up and loan him

Ahh I see, I just hadn't seen it on any threads and being an American myself I found it interesting. From the videos I have seen of him he isn't afraid to jump up and knock the ball out of the way on a free kick or corner. I also like how he would get up quickly and try to start a counter, some goalies just like to lay on the ground after making a save.

I'm sure nothing will come of his trial but just thought I'd mention it.

..definitely worth inclusion in this thread, Matey. From the clips he looks really mobile and athletic for his size. There's so much more to being a goalkeeper (decision making, communications, taking crosses, organisation etc) but he looks like he's got the physicality. US produce good keepers and we certainly need a couple of those.

We need to get rid of Niasse somehow, even if it's just on loan for a bit. It's criminal having a 14 million pound player on 60k a week, who doesn't even make the bench.

Well yes and no.

We dont have to name the people that stick around like bad smells.

For example, we could easily not name Gibson, Bolasie, Kone and as you say the boy Pennington and Browning, without it even hurting us.

So whilst we possibly have to sell to buy merely for a wage clearing exercise, we dont have to name shitters just for the sake of naming them.

As far as I understand it if a club has an eligible player over the age of 21 and hasn't filled the maximum squad size of 25, then they have to name them in the squad - which is the only reason Niasse was included in the squad list at the end of August.

It would be good if we got a GK in or produced one from academy that people could talk about seriously as coming into the side and being number one in few years

Butland at Birm was an example

Or Gunn at city now
Pickford Sunderland

The Gks in our academy now are here to make up the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back