Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than Robles...

I'd say our best 5 keepers in the last 30 years are...

Southall
Martyn
Myhre
Howard
Stek

Robles is definitely not better than any of those 5 in my opinion.

Better than Robles...

I'd say our best 5 keepers in the last 30 years are...

Southall
Martyn
Myhre
Howard
Stek

Robles is definitely not better than any of those 5 in my opinion.

A keeper is pretty much useless if he has 1 diabolical game in 5. Hes made some top saves but some horrendous howlers.

Robles perhaps cant make the very top saves but hes consistent.

Everyone all over Pickford...surely Forster is a better keeper? Or Butland. Would rather see one of these two come in before Pickford personally.

A keeper is pretty much useless if he has 1 diabolical game in 5. Hes made some top saves but some horrendous howlers.

Robles put in the best goal keeping performance of any Everton goalie in the last ten years away at West Ham in the cup a few years back.
I am really gutted it hasnt worked out for him here as I think he has all the attributes to be a top goalkeeper.

Yeah - point taken. I'm not Stek's biggest fan and i don't see a lot between them but I'd rather have him than Robles between the sticks. Just don't rate Robles. See him more in the Paul gerrard category!

Everyone all over Pickford...surely Forster is a better keeper? Or Butland. Would rather see one of these two come in before Pickford personally.
I agree. People creaming themselves after seen this lad in a handful of games. I'd even rather Heaton at the moment.

Pickford is potentially far better than both.

Thats the thing, if he keeps improving then sky is the limit and so many have said he will be Englands next number 1.

I really like Butland but this kid seems to be rated more highly.

I don't particularly rate Robles or stek that highly.

They are average PL keepers.

There must be better than that out there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back