Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....a report saying the Lookman deal is in doubt. Charlton want the boy on loan until the end of the season but Walsh wants him now. Perhaps Walsh thinks he's ready for the first team. I wouldn't be surprised if the player forces the move.

Can't see why we would ruin a move due to a loan deal, when we have the next 5 years of him.

I'd test Sunderland's resolve for pickford. Not sure if he will be able to come in straight away and replace Maarten but by all accounts our new GK coach looks solid, added to that he will learn a lot from a GK who has played at the top level (WC Final) and having competition for number one would be solid.

End of the road for Joel who may still make it as a number one at a lesser club but this is probably as good as it gets for him now.

Pickford was boss again today.

.....a report saying the Lookman deal is in doubt. Charlton want the boy on loan until the end of the season but Walsh wants him now. Perhaps Walsh thinks he's ready for the first team. I wouldn't be surprised if the player forces the move.

We may force the move as the coach of Charlton is ex Deli Alli coach, and he knows importance of youth and not holding players back for their career, he recently come on radio saying they have to move on if they hit a glass ceiling or words to that.

I have family links to the Mags and they claim Pickford isn't a Sunderland fan, maybe it could be just a wind up from story spreading round, but Pickford is brilliant he is one of them new generation sweeper keepers in the making, his passing would be something Martinez and Pep would love, he is much better than Gunn at city and he could easily be bought as Bravo isn't getting any younger, remember City's DOF is Txiki who is in love with passing and Barcelona and Johan cruyff passing/ tactics.

mata not starting again for united. We really should try for him. I'd take him, rooney and martial from united as well as the two we'll likely get in, if i'm basing this on players who seem out of favour. NEA about if that seems bad, think we'd have a great squad with those 5. No chance of happening of course.

Watched Sunderland this afternoon can't speak highly enough of Pickford his kicking tecnhnique is just a joy to watch fast of his line & comes for crosses im sold.

I could just watch him kick a ball a day effortless with pinpoint accuracy and the distance he gets

..I'm no goalie expert but I'd much prefer if you said he was a great shot stopper, made himself big and brave in one and one situations and had the bulk to deal with Duncan Ferguson type centre forwards when coming out for crosses.

I understand the pinpoint accuracy with free kicks point but that would be a major preference for our outfield players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back