Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The express obviously don't think we have any cash. "Willing to sell Ross for 30 million to fund deals for Depay and Schneiderlin"

Would be gutted if we sell him, can't see it myself.

To be fair, Ross has not progressed in the last 2 years and certainly hasnt under koeman. His performances this season and being left out of the team on occasions have made it apparent koeman sees something he doesn't like in Ross. Every Everton fan wants every player to produce their best for the club, even more so one that has come through the academy and is a massive Everton fan. But as you say Ross doesn't look happy at the moment and it pains me to say I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't here come the start of next season.

It's a shame it's not working out. I love Barkley and believes he will be a monster when he 26 but his confidence is affected by the fans and comes seem to thrive when the fans need him. He goes In to his shell to much when he makes a mistake. I do hope he can persuade Koeman to keep him and it's just clicked with Barkley and he learned not to care about the fans when he playing.

..I'm no goalie expert but I'd much prefer if you said he was a great shot stopper, made himself big and brave in one and one situations and had the bulk to deal with Duncan Ferguson type centre forwards when coming out for crosses.

I understand the pinpoint accuracy with free kicks point but that would be a major preference for our outfield players.
He didn't have much to do but he did make two good saves & final moments of the game sprinted of his line to hold a catch when one of the watford forwards was challenging for a header. Early days but he looks very very good to me

I think the general rule of thumb with any links is that we wet our knickers with excitement when we're linked with a player we all like, but rubbish the newspaper as soon as they then link a player we like with a move away.

Make of that what you will.
Bit like Christmas presents

The express obviously don't think we have any cash. "Willing to sell Ross for 30 million to fund deals for Depay and Schneiderlin"

Would be gutted if we sell him, can't see it myself.

...I think he'll only leave if RK really doesn't see a future for him. My understanding is we don't need monies to fund moves, although the 'income' will help give us more scope under fair play salary rules. Saying that, if he went in this window it would only support January transfers and we are probably ok on that front with the Stones cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back