Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get people turning their noses up at signing players from certain teams.

Nearly all of our best players of the last 20 years have been from teams below us.
I know we're trying to move on from that, but would anybody say no to another player the calibre of Cahill, Baines, Jags, Lescott etc?

Nearly all of our best players of the last 20 years have been from teams below us.

Aye. As with any regular line of work, you promote or hire people when they've gone as far as they can in their current employment. Apart from Everton, who these days seem to opt for contractors who aren't even remotely valued where they are. But it's a GREAT company they're in.

I don't get people turning their noses up at signing players from certain teams.

I know we're trying to move on from that, but would anybody say no to another player the calibre of Cahill, Baines, Jags, Lescott etc?
I kind of agree and disagree with this. They were all good players. But we won nothing with any of them.

If we're truly serious, (the club that is) signings early in the window will demonstrate we're meaning business and lessons have been learnt from the debacle at the end of the summer transfer window.
If we wait until the last week of the window or sell to buy then nothing has changed. Lets see.

I kind of agree and disagree with this. They were all good players. But we won nothing with any of them.
Agreed, we never. But we also had some absolute tosh at the same time as these players. Marcus bent, a broken Louis Saha upfront etc. plus one of, if not the smallest squads in the league, meaning any of our key players got a bad injury (which was often the case) we were screwed.

Oh wow, that is some vault. @carolinablue232 anything to say in your defense?
46569-ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gif-JRMP.gif

That's cool, had no idea.

Get him the eff in

Aye mate in the past 7-8 seasons he played a mority if a season at least in 5 different positions, all across the front (am, lw, rw), com and as of late dm, basically cska have a really small squad so he's tended to go where they needed him most. And credit to him he's produced in all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back