Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
United are apparently willing to let Martial or Rashford go out on loan with West Ham making enquiries. If it's true then we need to pushing those cockney thugs out of the way and getting to the front of the queue because either of those two would be brilliant for us.

Still pig sick we chose to loan a bean pole crock in Traore instead of taking the option to buy Marital in 2014. Another criminal act on Martinez's long rap sheet.

United are apparently willing to let Martial or Rashford go out on loan with West Ham making enquiries. If it's true then we need to pushing those cockney thugs out of the way and getting to the front of the queue because either of those two would be brilliant for us.

Still pig sick we chose to loan a bean pole crock in Traore instead of taking the option to buy Marital in 2014. Another criminal act on Martinez's long rap sheet.

Really? We should be all over that if true!

While we're at it I think we should go after Payet too.

That article from Matt Law was stolen from a West Ham ITK, who said they had enquired about taking either one on loan but Man U are reluctant to let them leave - pretty much a non story that was claimed as an exclusive!

They also enquired about Batshuayi but Chelsea wont let him go either.....Sounds like West ham have just sent out an email to all clubs enquuring about strikers available.

That article from Matt Law was stolen from a West Ham ITK, who said they had enquired about taking either one on loan but Man U are reluctant to let them leave - pretty much a non story that was claimed as an exclusive!

They also enquired about Batshuayi but Chelsea wont let him go either.....Sounds like West ham have just sent out an email to all clubs enquuring about strikers available.

Ah, shame then. Tell West Ham they can have Niasse if they want?

I would say this is 99% not true.

RW - Mkhitaryan, Lingard(average), Mata (better in the middle)
LW - Martial, Depay (leaving it seems), Rooney (average)
St - Ibra, Rashford

We don't really have that many good attacking options. Especially when Depay is leaving. No way will he loan out those 2 when we have the league, league cup semi final, europa league and FA cup still to play in

I would say this is 99% not true.

RW - Mkhitaryan, Lingard(average), Mata (better in the middle)
LW - Martial, Depay (leaving it seems), Rooney (average)
St - Ibra, Rashford

We don't really have that many good attacking options. Especially when Depay is leaving. No way will he loan out those 2 when we have the league, league cup semi final, europa league and FA cup still to play in

You would get lads in though?

We should not sell Barkley yet...with a caveat.

Barkley needs to be playing in the midfield. He's brilliant when he's running from deep. But he can't tackle.

We need a solid defense, without it, Barkley can't be trusted as a number 8, and he's no number 10. The most memorable Barkley moment always come when he's moving at pace from deep. He will never be able to pick the lock. Smash it, yes. But never pick it. Stop trying to make him do so.

Course for that we'd need a defense that doesn't ship goals all over the shop, and we still need a door unlocker to replace him with at the 10.

If we never intend to move him back, sell now. For the love of god sell Barkley if he can't be moved back.

I think we should sign Fellaini.

Given the way we play, and the fact that we struggle to even get a shot on target most of the time, I think he would be extremely effective for us. He could head it on to Rom, rather than having Rom trying to head it on to nobody at all. I think he would get on the end of a few crosses into the box as well.

Given the way we play, and the fact that we struggle to even get a shot on target most of the time, I think he would be extremely effective for us. He could head it on to Rom, rather than having Rom trying to head it on to nobody at all. I think he would get on the end of a few crosses into the box as well.

If we ever re-signed Fellaini I'd pack the whole thing in.

Don't sell the lad, unless:

(1) you have no idea how to use him
(2) he can't be used in this system/at all (i.e., he's Championship level or fit for another league's style of play)
(3) he needs to leave for his own development

And if the answer is (1), figure out how to use him

If we're going to carry on hoofing it then we need someone who can hold it up. Always liked Fellaini to be honest.

If we ever re-signed Fellaini I'd pack the whole thing in.

Fair enough. I think he would be very effective with how we play. I think we are starting to see an increase in hoofing throughout the game, as it's a mighty effective way of getting past all this pressing malarkey. At the moment it's just being hoofed up to Lukaku who is totally isolated and unable to do anything with it. It's the same when the ball is crossed in the box as well, there's nobody there to get on the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back