Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched him against Zagreb in the Champs League last week (Sad I Know). He was absolutely amazing, a mobile unit that can play as well.

This about N'Zonzi?

Oh yeh, he's class.

I covered Sevilla - Atleti a few weeks ago, I actually posted about his performance in the World Football forum.

Genuinely one of the best all-round midfield displays I've seen. He was immense.

AS is aid about the previous 2 transfer windows, which i think we failed to do and most people agree with here. We have a lot of "squad" players, who simply are not good enough.
We cannot go out and get 4 or 5 players in january if we cannot find new clubs for some of these squad players, it will make coaching the squad day in day out impossible.
We are not one of the bigger clubs who can ship there failures off at a profit like say liverpool have done (based on the conception that if you buy a player from one of these better known teams they are worth it even if they have failed there they will be great for your lesser teams). They sold Ibe for 15million, Brad Smith for 6million and got here money back on Benteke. Could we get 6million for Oviedo? No chance!
I saw Sneiderlin getting linked with Palace for 30 million (6 million more than united bought him for) what has he done for his price to go up? Surely he has gone to United not done well enough really he should be going for what they bought him for at a minimum.
If we were to offload Cleverley, no one would pay 5 million for him, gibbo would have to be a free transfer, Oviedo 1.5 million tops, Mirallas at 29 we could probably sell for 6 million, we wouldnt get the 13 million we paid for McCarthy back.
We may get lucky with Kone & Niasse if someone from China comes in, but no one in europe is going to pay money for them
With the excepton of Mirallas what teams would 1)make an offer for these players & 2) if they did be a good enough proposition to get the player to leave

just get Walsh to pull a list of boss unknown players.

Sell the crap squad players

Sign all these unknown players for cheap

give them 4 months in the first team, hopefully get europe

Come next summer actually sign someone boss with our 65 million incoming from rom.

We need a big clear out but thay won't happen in January. It will be hard enough to get rid of most in the summer, too.

If we can shift most on though it leaves much room for improvement in the squad and a wholesale change up of the bottlers we currently possess.

just get Walsh to pull a list of boss unknown players.

Sell the crap squad players

Sign all these unknown players for cheap

give them 4 months in the first team, hopefully get europe

Come next summer actually sign someone boss with our 65 million incoming from rom.
I really hope Walsh is good enough to unearth some gems in Jan.

I really hope Walsh is good enough to unearth some gems in Jan.
thing is mate he is. Look at vardy alone, plucked from nowhere and even for one season was the difference for them. Marhez as well, Kante etc.

Plus the squad players who came in and formed part of the machine, your morgans and huths and the like.

I have no doubt Walsh will sign a few decent players, just expect fume from us all when he does because they aren't yarmalenko or mouthino type players ;)

thing is mate he is. Look at vardy alone, plucked from nowhere and even for one season was the difference for them. Marhez as well, Kante etc.

Plus the squad players who came in and formed part of the machine, your morgans and huths and the like.

I have no doubt Walsh will sign a few decent players, just expect fume from us all when he does because they aren't yarmalenko or mouthino type players ;)

Vardy was very well-known before signing for Leicester mate.

Mahrez, Kante, etc were brilliant ones, and he is very good at picking players for a system.

However, Vardy was well-known as he was scoring for fun at Fleetwood, who at the time had been bought out and were about to be promoted from the conference. Because of that he became the first ever £1 million non-league player.

We need a big clear out but thay won't happen in January. It will be hard enough to get rid of most in the summer, too.

If we can shift most on though it leaves much room for improvement in the squad and a wholesale change up of the bottlers we currently possess.
January may be easier to shift players as desperation kicks in

Vardy was very well-known before signing for Leicester mate.

Mahrez, Kante, etc were brilliant ones, and he is very good at picking players for a system.

However, Vardy was well-known as he was scoring for fun at Fleetwood, who at the time had been bought out and were about to be promoted from the conference. Because of that he became the first ever £1 million non-league player.
Thing is, he might have been known as you put it, but to be backed by a championship club and taken to the premier league as well? How many clubs do that? How many willing to put their neck out so much to sign someone from non league to championship alone and maintain them in the starting 11?

a lot of good championship strikers as well are binned off when clubs come up, because they can't make it at the higher level. So personally i think to say he was known at non league level is not worth much as plenty of strikers are known but never get bought by a club let alone backed all the way up to the top league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back