Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
SISSOKO IS OURS

"Ronald Koeman wants a sensational swap deal involving Ross Barkley and Moussa Sissoko.

The Everton boss has run out of patience with his enigmatic star and is ready to call time on his career at Goodison Park.

And the Dutchman hopes to engineer a switch with Spurs flop Sissoko, who has failed to settle at White Hart Lane.

Koeman made a late bid in the summer for the French international but was beaten to the punch by Tottenham who swooped to land the midfielder in a club record £30million deal from Newcastle United.

He remains keen on Sissoko and wants to add power to an engine-room that will be beefed up significantly in the next few weeks.

And Sunday People Sport can confirm that the Toffees have won the race to sign Morgan Schneiderlin from Manchester United, beating West Brom to the signature of the France international."

I can't believe what I'm starting to contemplate after being desperate for investment in the team for a very long time.
If there's any truth in the report RK still wants Sissoko, another 27yo+, someone with an attitude problem (Depay anyone?), and an utter flop we were lucky to avoid then I want Mosh to hold back some of whatever cash is there until RK shows some basic indication he knows what he's doing and isn't going to blow the first substantial investment we've had in years.

SISSOKO IS OURS

"Ronald Koeman wants a sensational swap deal involving Ross Barkley and Moussa Sissoko.

The Everton boss has run out of patience with his enigmatic star and is ready to call time on his career at Goodison Park.

And the Dutchman hopes to engineer a switch with Spurs flop Sissoko, who has failed to settle at White Hart Lane.

Koeman made a late bid in the summer for the French international but was beaten to the punch by Tottenham who swooped to land the midfielder in a club record £30million deal from Newcastle United.

He remains keen on Sissoko and wants to add power to an engine-room that will be beefed up significantly in the next few weeks.

And Sunday People Sport can confirm that the Toffees have won the race to sign Morgan Schneiderlin from Manchester United, beating West Brom to the signature of the France international."

I am one of barkleys critics.... but swapping him for sissoko ? That would literally decide for me that koeman knows nothing about management and what players we should be signing.... the negative potential for that deal is immense ... swapping a potentially top class midfielder who's problems are between his ears..... for a lazy , useless , athlete with one of the worst attitudes in football and that actually French connection UK'd us around on deadline day to the point of ignoring our phone calls, would be beyond stupid.

I am one of barkleys critics.... but swapping him for sissoko ? That would literally decide for me that koeman knows nothing about management and what players we should be signing.... the negative potential for that deal is immense ... swapping a potentially top class midfielder who's problems are between his ears..... for a lazy , useless , athlete with one of the worst attitudes in football and that actually French connection UK'd us around on deadline day to the point of ignoring our phone calls, would be beyond stupid.
Swap deals almost never happen but RK could still inexplicably want Sissoko and want to get rid of Barks also.
“First of all I don't like to speak about Ross because every word... is used in a negative... way,” said RK before going on to give him yet another lengthy public kicking.
Can't understand it. It only damages Barks confidence and makes him less attractive to potential buyers.
Starting to seriously worry that RK may turn out to be an utter disaster, like he was at Valencia, at a time when the club finally has a real chance to grow.

Only Spurs players I'd be happy to swap Ross for would be Alderweireld or Lloris. Let's hope Sissoko has Ron's number still blocked...

I wonder if Arda Turan would be tempted by a 100k/week salary... Currently on 85k/week at Barca I think. Would rather sell Ross and spend £30-35m on him than Sissoko.

Nah, you've all got it wrong. Koeman says he wants a swap. Spurs & Sissoko jump at it. He drags them along over fitness & then ignores their calls on deadline day. He finally sends a text with "Up yours!" to them both & becomes a Goodison hero in the process....surely that's it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back