Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Spurs players I'd be happy to swap Ross for would be Alderweireld or Lloris. Let's hope Sissoko has Ron's number still blocked...

I wonder if Arda Turan would be tempted by a 100k/week salary... Currently on 85k/week at Barca I think. Would rather sell Ross and spend £30-35m on him than Sissoko.
Hmmm... Have to say I would take Eriksen for Ross happily.

Sissoko....not so much.

Swap deals almost never happen but RK could still inexplicably want Sissoko and want to get rid of Barks also.
“First of all I don't like to speak about Ross because every word... is used in a negative... way,” said RK before going on to give him yet another lengthy public kicking.
Can't understand it. It only damages Barks confidence and makes him less attractive to potential buyers.
Starting to seriously worry that RK may turn out to be an utter disaster, like he was at Valencia, at a time when the club finally has a real chance to grow.

I think we need to give him time... but am also very worried about where we are going with him... I'm hoping he signs decent players and changes the way we play. I'm hoping it's the personnel he has which is why we are playing the way we are. But like I said , a large part of me thinks that this isn't the case and he could be a disaster and a very expensive one

I think we need to give him time... but am also very worried about where we are going with him... I'm hoping he signs decent players and changes the way we play. I'm hoping it's the personnel he has which is why we are playing the way we are. But like I said , a large part of me thinks that this isn't the case and he could be a disaster and a very expensive one

we need to improve the team/squad. as much as it pains me to say it, barks just hasnt progressed, not under koeman anyway, and if he is out of favour with koeman, then he will need to move on for the sake of his own career. i think koeman saw him as our link from defence to attack, and he just hasnt shown the qualities needed to do this job. he isnt the best tackler, he isnt the quickest thinker, he isnt the hardest worker, all of these combined makes it very hard for him to get a place in the starting 11.

i think a fresh start is his best option. i will be gutted to see him go, but the pressure he has carried on his shoulders and the added fact that the new manager just doesnt rate him is going to force his hand.

this doesnt mean we should swap him for sissoko. that would be an un believeable risk, he hasnt done anything at spurs. it would be a like for like swap for barkley. in that case then we may aswell keep barks. makes no sense to replace him with a player of no better worth.

if koeman wants an athletic forward thinking midfielder, then steven nzonzi fits those requirements,and he is in peak form at 27 and producing MOM performances week in week out at sevilla

SISSOKO IS OURS

"Ronald Koeman wants a sensational swap deal involving Ross Barkley and Moussa Sissoko.

The Everton boss has run out of patience with his enigmatic star and is ready to call time on his career at Goodison Park.

And the Dutchman hopes to engineer a switch with Spurs flop Sissoko, who has failed to settle at White Hart Lane.

Koeman made a late bid in the summer for the French international but was beaten to the punch by Tottenham who swooped to land the midfielder in a club record £30million deal from Newcastle United.

He remains keen on Sissoko and wants to add power to an engine-room that will be beefed up significantly in the next few weeks.

And Sunday People Sport can confirm that the Toffees have won the race to sign Morgan Schneiderlin from Manchester United, beating West Brom to the signature of the France international."

@Moomin this looks like your work?

Disagree with some of the comments on Barkley. I feel I have seen a change in him under Koeman.

His work rate has improved and he is now tackling, not always successful (as it didn't bloody break!) But I'm happy to see that side to his game.

I personally feel he is doing ok and can't help feel he needs quality around him to work with. His best position to me was on the left where he could link up with Baines or cut inside. Would have liked to have seen a 3 of Barks (L), Geri (CM), Bolasie (R).

The media seem to be doing their best to drive the club down at the moment. It must be the threat of us upsetting the status quo at the top with our new found owner.

Would really like to see the fan base get off Barkley's back and start supporting the lad.

SISSOKO IS OURS

"Ronald Koeman wants a sensational swap deal involving Ross Barkley and Moussa Sissoko.

The Everton boss has run out of patience with his enigmatic star and is ready to call time on his career at Goodison Park.

And the Dutchman hopes to engineer a switch with Spurs flop Sissoko, who has failed to settle at White Hart Lane.

Koeman made a late bid in the summer for the French international but was beaten to the punch by Tottenham who swooped to land the midfielder in a club record £30million deal from Newcastle United.

He remains keen on Sissoko and wants to add power to an engine-room that will be beefed up significantly in the next few weeks.

And Sunday People Sport can confirm that the Toffees have won the race to sign Morgan Schneiderlin from Manchester United, beating West Brom to the signature of the France international."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ronald-koeman-eyeing-swap-deal-9509366

...lots of rags going with this story.

Genuinely think it is utterly without substance that story @Eggs

Barkley, as maddeningly frustrating as he is, is the last true Evertonian and man of the city in the side - if Koeman swapped him for Sissoko, who has now been garbage at two clubs here, he'd need results almost instantly to avoid being massacred for it. Eriksen he might risk it for but not Sissoko

We shouldnt go near sissoko after he snubbed us and now spurs want shut. Lol

He the type of dynamic player we need but would rather sign another player now.

SISSOKO IS OURS

lollollollol

Can't understand why anyone reads anything from those rags. If anyone needed to be taken down from a cyber attack, it would be them. Clearly a swap deal is never going to happen. When was the last time a swap deal with any player was completed?

...it's very unlikely, I agree, but I don't mind these bizarre rumours for a bit of fun. They generate discussion and at least have a source reference that provide a very small piece of credibility. I much prefer them to folk posting aspirational targets or their own personal wish lists.

Keep the rumour posts with links going along with ITK detail, it's what our transfer threads are all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back