Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depay would represent a much better quality of player than what we have currently.

My only query there is another winger? really? Are these the new left backs/right backs?

How about getting rid of cleverley and gibson alone and signing CMs who can actually play? Besic gets a bye from me because the lad would be class if he stayed fit for more than 2 weeks a year.

Would he???

Would he???
Absolutely.

A young winger deemed by united to be one for the future. Compared to who? Bolasie, solid but not exactly amazing winger. Kev, who doesn't have that many fans left, lennon who was a cast off from spurs and del who still has not progressed.

not saying Depay would walk in and be our best winger mate, but he would have the biggest potential if we got it out of him.

Absolutely.

A young winger deemed by united to be one for the future. Compared to who? Bolasie, solid but not exactly amazing winger. Kev, who doesn't have that many fans left, lennon who was a cast off from spurs and del who still has not progressed.

not saying Depay would walk in and be our best winger mate, but he would have the biggest potential if we got it out of him.

Hmm, fair enough.

Personally, while I think he has a lot of talent, I don't see him as a step up on any of our current wingers - it would just be another temperamental/inconsistent attacker to add to the ones we have.

That being said, if we truly are interested (and given the link is from the Echo, I'm doubtful) then I'd be fully behind the signing.

Would rather have Schneiderlin mind. Central midfield has to be our priority come January.

In light of Koemans comments on Lukaku, may I suggest the january transfer goes like this

out:
Lukaku to PSG
Barkley to Chelsea
Mirallas to Borussia Dortmund
Coleman to Man utd

in:
Crouch from Stoke
Valencia from West Ham (made permanent)
Routledge from Swansea
Taylor from Swansea

WE KNOW OUR PLACE

Hmm, fair enough.

Personally, while I think he has a lot of talent, I don't see him as a step up on any of our current wingers - it would just be another temperamental/inconsistent attacker to add to the ones we have.

That being said, if we truly are interested (and given the link is from the Echo, I'm doubtful) then I'd be fully behind the signing.

Would rather have Schneiderlin mind. Central midfield has to be our priority come January.
I agree, CM is a priority, especially with how reliable all our back ups are proving to be lol

although i would prefer us finally get shot of a few of them as well, get rid of deadwood so at the very least we haven't got anyone collecting wages for nothing.

Absolutely.

THIS. Think the only problem is whether mourinho will let him come to us or rather he goes abroad.

I honestly think we'll be pushed to get 3 first team quality players in Jan. Yes we could do with another centre half and mobile physical box to box midfielder, but I'd compromise on a first rate keeper, a creative midfielder that can chip In goals anda physical striker ideally with premier league experience. Something like leno, depay, Rondon. Would be a start anyway.

I honestly think we'll be pushed to get 3 first team quality players in Jan. Yes we could do with another centre half and mobile physical box to box midfielder, but I'd compromise on a first rate keeper, a creative midfielder that can chip In goals anda physical striker ideally with premier league experience. Something like leno, depay, Rondon. Would be a start anyway.

Leno has just signed a five-year deal and won't be going anywhere in the middle of the season mate.

In fact, I highly doubt we're getting a keeper come Jan - as much as I'd like one - unless we go for somebody like Vorm who is decent but isn't getting first team football. I've said it before but no team is letting their first-choice goalkeeper leave half-way through a campaign.

Can you imagine the fume from the crowd with both Barkley & Depay starting a game at goodison and they haven't both scored hat tricks after 10 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back