January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the link come from?

Personally I think there is a great player in there with plenty of goals, but the man is a complete arsehead, worth the gamble, maybe,?

I was going to say "I'll get my coat, but we don't have coats here in Australia"

Says we were offered him in summer and we rejected it.

Nonsense.

...Aston Villa owner apparently saying they have turned down a £25m offer for Amovi from an 'unnamed club'. I wonder who that could be and I wonder if the player might try and force a move.

32 games, 10 goals, playing for a Charlton side aged 19 onwards. Must have something about him. @ste d' indica is your missus a Charlton fan? If not I do apologise mate, I remember someone posting on here last season about a petition so maybe someone can let us know a bit more about him.
and @dublinbluenose

Yeah she's a Charlton gal, goes to quite a few games and she's been on about this kid for a while and the potential link to us. I've not said anything cause you tend to wind up with yer head skewered on a pole on traitors gate if you profess to knowledge on here!:p

To be honest I don't know much, for the last month or so she's been saying there have been strong rumours that we've been in for him along with a couple of other clubs (Arsenal possibly?) and the Charlton fans are hopeful we'll loan him back for the rest of the season as he's one of the few bright lights in another miserable season. Does seem to score a lot and I know he's a fan favourite. I'll ask her for a bit more about the lad when she drags herself out of another Yuletide slumber, probably be about 10 'ish. :coffee:

and @dublinbluenose

Yeah she's a Charlton gal, goes to quite a few games and she's been on about this kid for a while and the potential link to us. I've not said anything cause you tend to wind up with yer head skewered on a pole on traitors gate if you profess to knowledge on here!:p

To be honest I don't know much, for the last month or so she's been saying there have been strong rumours that we've been in for him along with a couple of other clubs (Arsenal possibly?) and the Charlton fans are hopeful we'll loan him back for the rest of the season as he's one of the few bright lights in another miserable season. Does seem to score a lot and I know he's a fan favourite. I'll ask her for a bit more about the lad when she drags herself out of another Yuletide slumber, probably be about 10 'ish. :coffee:

..it sounds like Charlton were keen on a loan back but we were not. Perhaps he's seen as a player who can immediately get game time in the first team.

@Zatara given the choice of Gabbiadini or Balotelli who would you sign, one or the other and interested to know why?

Balotelli. From 2014 to 2016 (RS/Milan) he was rubbish but before that and also this season he scored goals and was fun to watch.

Most importantly hes a free agent in summer and wages wouldnt be high...he may also have something to prove.

The clincher is the money really, Gabbiadini for £15mil+ is just insane...rather balotelli on a free if we had to sign one of them

..it sounds like Charlton were keen on a loan back but we were not. Perhaps he's seen as a player who can immediately get game time in the first team.
Certainly seems to be playing a fair bit for them, I'll ask herself though, I've got no idea whether he's a regular starter or not. From what I understand about the Charlton set-up, if the price is right they'll let him go, the loan-back probably won't come into it.

Certainly seems to be playing a fair bit for them, I'll ask herself though, I've got no idea whether he's a regular starter or not. From what I understand about the Charlton set-up, if the price is right they'll let him go, the loan-back probably won't come into it.

Hard to tell if hes any good as hes in league 1...i think we will be looking at his England youth games as well to formulate an opinion.

£10mil+ for charlton is massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back