Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didnt look very thrilling tonight, the first goal he let Dele friggin Ali out jump, the 2nd goal he marked thin air and the 3rd and 4th goal he just wondered around like a zombie.

Im watched him in 2 games, against us he was a beast, but tonight he made Jags look world class.
He is trying to drive off the big name suitors because he wants to come play for Koeman! YESSSSSSS!!! In all seriousness though players have off games, he has looked stellar in the other games I've seen him in

Looks pretty good! I wonder if he would cost us the 38 million that united were rumored to pay for him

At the moment we have;

Jags (on the way out)
Williams (2 years shelf life)
Holgate (new)
Galloway (alot to prove)
Pennington (doesnt look great)
Mori (off to spain?)

So, we could do with 2 CBs...especially if were going to alternate between 2 and 3 CBs.

I know alot would be against this but i would spend most on the GK (Pickford/Butland) in summer once theyre fit and the defence to make us really solid..i prefer to go into games thinking we wont concede but at the same time not being WBA.

Having a great defence means we can go forward without fear and also build from the back further up the pitch.

We do need alot of players but if we could get one central midfielder (like schneiderlin) and 2 top notch CBs id be all for it.

He didnt look very thrilling tonight, the first goal he let Dele friggin Ali out jump, the 2nd goal he marked thin air and the 3rd and 4th goal he just wondered around like a zombie.

Im watched him in 2 games, against us he was a beast, but tonight he made Jags look world class.

He's just lowering the asking price. He knows where he wants to end up. It's all strategery.

Just 1 CB will be fine, personally I wouldnt even buy 1 if it was me.

I would buy a number 8, a number 10 playmaker, 1 winger, 1 SS and 1 striker.

What central defenders would you be happy having in the team and bench from the current crop at the start of next season?

For me, Williams, Holgate and Galloway.

I'd sell Pennington, Mori and Jags in a heartbeat.

Holgate and Galloway can also cover at full back so would at the very least cement places on the bench. I think if were going with a back 4 we need to sign another player and if 3 at the back two more.

Edit: i wonder what will happen with Browning. He and pennington both have had long term injuries...i guess loans out and then sales?

What central defenders would you be happy having in the team and bench from the current crop at the start of next season?

For me, Williams, Holgate and Galloway.

I'd sell Pennington, Mori and Jags in a heartbeat.

Holgate and Galloway can also cover at full back so would at the very least cement places on the bench. I think if were going with a back 4 we need to sign another player and if 3 at the back two more.

Im not talking about next season, im talking about this season.

We have 3 CBs currently, Williams, Mori and Jags, we could probably do with a replacement for Mori or Jags, if we get 1 I can see Jags moving on, which would still leave us with 3 CBs, Holgate or Galloway can play if we ever play with 3, but neither should be considered in a back 4.

I mean you clearly want Holgate to play, which baffles me why you think we should buy 2 CBs, if we bought 2 CBs, Holgate would never get a game, like EVER.

Im not talking about next season, im talking about this season.

We have 3 CBs currently, Williams, Mori and Jags, we could probably do with a replacement for Mori or Jags, if we get 1 I can see Jags moving on, which would still leave us with 3 CBs, Holgate or Galloway can play if we ever play with 3, but neither should be considered in a back 4.

I mean you clearly want Holgate to play, which baffles me why you think we should buy 2 CBs, if we bought 2 CBs, Holgate would never get a game, like EVER.

Because, I clarified that would be if we played 3 at the back.

Mori, Pennington, Jags (and at a push Browning) should be moved on in Jan/Summer.

That would leave us with Williams, Holgate and Galloway.

Galloway LCB
Williams CB
Holgate RCB

What happens if 1 gets injured/suspended (we need another CB)...if 2 are out (we need 2 CBs).

Hence the desire for 2 CBs only if we went 3 at the back.

If we go 4 at the back then id think we would go for a LCB and move Williams to RCB. Signing a top LCB (e.g VVD) would push Galloway down the pecking order but we would be looking at Holgate to come through at RCB over the 2 years before Williams hits 34/35.

Then Galloway would be 22 and hopefully pushing to oust our big money signing at LCB if he improves...

Mori, Pennington, Jags (and at a push Browning) should be moved on in Jan/Summer.

Galloway LCB
Williams CB
Holgate RCB

What happens if 1 gets injured/suspended (we need another CB)...if 2 are out (we need 2 CBs).

If we go 4 at the back then id think we would go for a LCB and move Williams to RCB. Signing a top LCB (e.g VVD) would push Galloway down the pecking order but we would be looking at Holgate to come through at RCB over the 2 years before Williams hits 34/35.

Then Galloway would be 22 and hopefully pushing to oust our big money signing at LCB if he improves...

Can see Galloway being sold in the summer. Not getting games at West Brom. Was a platform to provide himself there.

Galloway LCB
Williams CB
Holgate RCB

I personally dont think koeman will play 3 CBs a great deal, which means the 3 CBs we have will do for now, unless we can get in 1 we really want like Koubs or VVD.

If we do I think Jags will move on due to not wanting to sit on the bench at his age.

We arent conceding shed loads, the main focus of this window should be adding attacking talent and I think it will be.

We can worry about the summer in the summer.

Can see Galloway being sold in the summer. Not getting games at West Brom. Was a platform to provide himself there.

Last 3 seasons Pulis has signed someone on loan each year and barely played them. One is now a German international.

I prefer to remember how good he was last season for Everton and that hes always in the England u21 squad/team when fit.

He is only 20 years old ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back