Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally dont think koeman will play 3 CBs a great deal, which means the 3 CBs we have will do for now, unless we can get in 1 we really want like Koubs or VVD.

If we do I think Jags will move on due to not wanting to sit on the bench at his age.

We arent conceding shed loads, the main focus of this window should be adding attacking talent and I think it will be.

We can worry about the summer in the summer.

If we have 4 at the back I'd be happy to see a bench including;
Galloway
Holgate
Davies

With a CB and a CM signed and into the 1st eleven.

Competition and cover for LB/CB/RB/DM there allowing us to spend big on a GK and CB.

I'd be quite happy with say VVD/Koubs + Pickford/Butland in Jan/Summer.

Negates the need for a new LB there also.

If we have 4 at the back I'd be happy to see a bench including;
Galloway
Holgate
Davies

With a CB and a CM signed and into the 1st eleven.

Competition and cover for LB/CB/RB/DM there allowing us to spend big on a GK and CB.

I'd be quite happy with say VVD/Koubs + Pickford/Butland in Jan/Summer.

Negates the need for a new LB there also.

I would cry if we put 2 CBs on the bench.

Last 3 seasons Pulis has signed someone on loan each year and barely played them. One is now a German international.

I prefer to remember how good he was last season for Everton and that hes always in the England u21 squad/team when fit.

He is only 20 years old ffs

Not sure if Koeman rates him. Holgate on the other hand gets game time here.

Not sure if Koeman rates him. Holgate on the other hand gets game time here.

He said that Galloway was loaned to get more game time...not going to be sold imo.

Need to get him out of WBA though and either on our bench or on loan somewhere where he will get consistent games.

He said that Galloway was loaned to get more game time...not going to be sold imo.

Need to get him out of WBA though and either on our bench or on loan somewhere where he will get consistent games.

Shall loan him to a Championship side to get game time. I do agree Galloway shall be kept. Rather sell Oviedo and Garbutt.

Jan + Summer OUT

Stek
Oviedo
Garbutt
Browning
Jagielka
Mori
Barry
Gibson
McAleny
Lennon
Mirallas
Kone
Valencia
Niasse
Henen
McGeady
Leandro
Tarashaj

18 Players Out

GK -- ??? / Robles
LB -- Baines / Connolly
LCB -- ??? / Galloway
RCB -- Williams / Holgate
RB -- Coleman / Kenny
DM -- Gueye / Davies
CM -- ??? / Walsh
CM -- Barkley / ???
LF -- ??? / Dowell
CF -- Lukaku / Calvert-Lewin
RF -- Deulofeu / ???

By my reckoning, we need

1× GK
1× LCB
2× CM
1×LF
1×CF
1× RF

Thats at a bare minimum, 7 players.

Lookman, Schneiderlin and VVD in and we would be looking in much better shape.

what's wrong with them?

Browning has been out for 12months++ and looked ok at RB but I cant see him competing with Kenny, Holgate or Coleman...

Henen has done nothing on loan and doesnt appear to have impressed in the u23s

Tarashaj I was told was supposed to be the next big thing in switzerland but i dont think hes a koeman type of player and also cant get a game in Germany.

Browning has been out for 12months++ and looked ok at RB but I cant see him competing with Kenny, Holgate or Coleman...

Henen has done nothing on loan and doesnt appear to have impressed in the u23s

Tarashaj I was told was supposed to be the next big thing in switzerland but i dont think hes a koeman type of player and also cant get a game in Germany.

if you've been watching them train regularly and have experience projecting future development, fair enough....

seems a bit abrupt though? they are all u23. and tarashaj has been injured too.

after all, as someone once said:
Zidane was 24 i think when he really looked class...Drogba was 25.

i wonder if it isn't more difficult to sell and replace 18 players in two windows, for value, than FIFA/Footy Manager would have us believe?

If we could get VVD that would be a massieve statement. saw him play a lot last year and he was Southamptons best player. He's also a leader like Williams and for me a better defender than Stones. With those two cb's we would have one of the best duo's in the Premier league.

Thing is mate, there's not many of that 18 I'd be sad to lose or that I'd expect koeman to want to keep...

18 is unrealistic. Maybe if we can get rid of 11/12 before the end of summer window then it is a good job.

Realistically: Gibson, Kone (out of contract), Lennon, Cleverley, Valencia (end of loan), Oviedo, Niasse, Browning (out of contract), Garbutt, McAleny (out of contract), Rodriguez, McGeady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back