Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 players would be something like five transfer windows I reckon

Why? January teams want to sign players for the rest of the season...some are desperate, we could punt say 6 out.

Summer, i think we could get rid of the rest...there is literally no benefit to keep them all so we should be doing our upmost to move them on and then have more money in our transfer/wage kitty to change the squad.

In some of his earlier performances, and I know there weren't many. RK was very frustrated with him.

Arsenal and Liverpool are perfect opponents for him. Teams that are better than us, and will have more of the ball. Suits his game

It's when we play teams that we should beat, and sit deep. He's basically useless.

Gana while missing 3 sitters is a much better all round player. schneiderlin is too. And Tom Davies undoubtably will go on to be.

So do we just keep him for 10 games a season. I'd sell personally, if we could get 15 that would be a big chunk towards Schneiderlin

Hard to argue with that mate.

The thing is with Gana going for a month I don't think he'll be shown the door quickly.

We can't rely on Besic to stay fit and lets at least see Davies in and around the team for a month or so before saying for definite 'he's the one'.

As Goat says, it may boil down to first team football with Jimmy Mac. I don't think it's something he'll get regularly with us should we bring in another central midfielder.

but who are these teams that will be buying our excess players. I don't see too much interest in many of them.

Even McGeady was loaned out and doesnt his contract expire in summer as well as mcaleny?

theres always clubs who want players...for the right price.

Watching Southampton tonight makes you wonder what the "Koeman Plan" is. Because the football we play is nothing like the team he just left.

watch how Southampton played against us then.

Or better yet watch how they played last season, under Koeman, before their team was taken apart yet again.

18 players out. Hilarious.

I agree Brennan but like @bluestevon said, there's not too many you want to keep.

That being said, Barry is off nowhere, and Stek will be here for the forseeable either as second or third choice (further down the line).

Zat likes to get ahead of himself, but in reality we need 4-5 signings this window to carry us through to next season.

- Winger (e.g. Depay)
- second striker (e.g. Gabbiadini)
- Midfielder (e.g. Schneiderlin)
- Defender (e.g. any good centre back)

That's my thoughts. It looks like Lookman will come in as well and that's great as he's one for the future.

Why? January teams want to sign players for the rest of the season...some are desperate, we could punt say 6 out.

Summer, i think we could get rid of the rest...there is literally no benefit to keep them all so we should be doing our upmost to move them on and then have more money in our transfer/wage kitty to change the squad.

If it weren't for some of the wages of our deadwood we'd easily shift most of them inside two windows.

Gibson would run every game for any Championship club and would probably be decent for 5/6 Premier League clubs.

The real dross though like McGeady, Kone et al... We'll probably be waiting until their contracts expire. Surely nobody would buy Kone based on his injury record alone nevermind the fact he's turbo-cack.

I agree Brennan but like @bluestevon said, there's not too many you want to keep.

That being said, Barry is off nowhere, and Stek will be here for the forseeable either as second or third choice (further down the line).

Zat likes to get ahead of himself, but in reality we need 4-5 signings this window to carry us through to next season.

- Winger (e.g. Depay)

That's my thoughts. It looks like Lookman will come in as well and that's great as he's one for the future.

Would take that window, especially if cb is VVD. Realistically I think we can get shut of Cleverley and Niasse, possibly Oviedo might be given the boot.

- Winger (e.g. Depay)

Just look at the Liverpool turnover tgecpast two years mate, yes they do have initially a bigger squad than we did, but they have shed a huge ammount more than 18.

have the feeling spurs did similar under pocch as well.

- Winger (e.g. Depay)

I just can't get excited about Gabbiadini. Really feels like a Spurs from 10 years ago kind of signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back