Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot my Porto supporting colleague mentioned before Xmas that Depay was rumoured to be going there. Just back in the office today and he sent me this link over. No real substance in it though. Another rumour to add to the rumour conga line.

http://www.abola.pt/clubes/ver.aspx?t=5&id=648083

It's in Portuguese and basically says they are looking at him as cover for the newly revived Brahimi who will be off to the AFCON.

I don't really want him and think he would be a flop with us, but I reckon if Porto got him they would be selling him on to Madrid for 60M within two years.

Imagine that! 19 players there and;

4 out of contract in summer

9 who need to be sold jan/summer or leave for free in 1.5 years

6 with longer contracts; Oviedo/Rodriguez/Cleverley/McCarthy/Mori/Niasse

Great detective work there...

Niasse to Turkey €6mil rumoured
McCarthy should be an easy sell £15mil
Cleverley £7mil+
Mori £15mil
Oviedo/Rodrigues free

I think if we could move them all on now that would be brilliant though i guess with the STCC rules it would be better to sell McCarthy,Mori and Cleverley in the summer so we have £37mil + the other 13 players (id keep deulofeu and barkley though).

Doesnt seem so difficult when you explain it all simply like that ;)

Kone, Niasse, Rodriguez, McAleny, Gibson, Pennington, Browning, McGeady - have to all intents and purposes been frozen out the squad anyway, thats 8 players right there that if they never showed up for training again - no one would actually notice.

Oviedo, Deulofeu, Cleverley, Jagielka, Robles, Valencia are basically only seeing game time - because the manager has no better options due to a terrible transfer window this summer, IF he can do he will bring in players ahead of all these in their positions and from that point onwards they are all in the boat with the Kone's as far as being totally out the squad. Thats another 6 players right there.

Mirallas, Mori, Lennon - seem to be liked more than the ones above, but none of them seem to really be a fit for what Koeman wants - so yet again depending how many we bring in - all of those are on borrowed time at the club - theres another 3

McCarthy seems by all reports that he wants to leave - probably the only player i listed that Koeman would choose to keep hold of in ideal circumstances.

If we bring in 5-6 this window who go itnot he first team or squad, and with us having 4 lads who have started getting into the matchday squads from the academy (DCL, Kenny, Davies and Holgate) then thats 9/10 spots we really need to free up at the latest by the summer - and assuming we bring in 4-5 in the summer that would mean we need about 13/15 spots - given we actually already have at this moment a very large/bloated squad (Huge for a team with no european footy) then seeing 18 players out would actually be needed, much the same way that the rs have done this under Klopp

Kone, McAleny, Valencia (loan spell), Browning - contracts all finish this summer

Jagielka, Lennon, Mirallas, Pennington, Barry, Gibson, Robles, Barkley, Deulofeu - contracts all expire in 2018

Oviedo, Rodriguez, (2019)

Cleverley, McCarthy, Mori, Niasse all expire 2020

The 4 whose contracts finish this summer - 3 of those are nailed on to leave, with only Browning the possible excpetion (although have to say likely he will leave due to the amount of young lads we have coming through in the same position)

The ones expiring next summer - this window will be the last one where any value on them will remain 'relatively' intact, soon as they enter the last year of the deal then there value plummets - Barry obviously won't go anywhere and will retire here most likely, the rest could all possibly be moved on (hopefully not Barkley and we get him a new contract) - of that lot, Jageilka, Mirallas, Lennon, Deulofeu are all 'sellable' players without a huige amount of trouble and would find buyers. Pennington, Gibson, Robles, - likely either have to give them a free (paying off part of their contracts) or leave them to rot in the reserves for a season and a half as no one will realistically come calling for them and pay money.

Ones on longer deals, - Ovideo, Cleverley, Niasse, someone might be stupid enough to pay us for them, else we will have to loan them out - none of them will realistically feature much again for the team.

McCarthy, Mori, both good likeihoods of moving on within the next 6 months - both would bring in a good fee and would be 'easily' sellable

Out of the entire lot of those players - the only ones i can see this time next year still being at Everton AND featuring in the first team squad would be Barkley (possibly Mori)

Agree for the most part but a couple of those listed I would be tempted to keep - Robles for starters, I actually think he's a decent keeper, hasn't kicked up a fuss about not being No1 and is still young enough to improve. Better long-term option than Stekelenberg

McCarthy - We need strong squad players and isn't as bad as some Evertonians would suggest.

Last chance saloon for the likes of Deulofeu and Browning - especially Deulofeu - needs to grab the chance whilst Bolasie is out or agree he's toast, Browning just back from injury so jury's out for now.

Or Guardiola/Conte and the prospect of CL football straight away.

Conte - he wont break up that defensive unit till next year at earliest.
Pep - any player going to City, especially in defence, is on a hiding to nothing. I have my doubts whether Pep will be there in a year or so anyway.

Liverpool were keen but have been distancing themselves away via the media. Would love it if its damage limitation as he wants the move here. Pretty good chance he is keen like.
Like I say, biggest thing will be Saints as they will be loathe to lose him to us.

Agree for the most part but a couple of those listed I would be tempted to keep - Robles for starters, I actually think he's a decent keeper, hasn't kicked up a fuss about not being No1 and is still young enough to improve. Better long-term option than Stekelenberg

McCarthy - We need strong squad players and isn't as bad as some Evertonians would suggest.

Last chance saloon for the likes of Deulofeu and Browning - especially Deulofeu - needs to grab the chance whilst Bolasie is out or agree he's toast, Browning just back from injury so jury's out for now.
If we out Del or Barkley I think we will regret it big style in years to come, they have it all bar confidence. Get the core of the team sorted these two will thrive, I just hope Koeman thinks the same.

Don't write city off league wise. They are now welcoming the next Neymar into their team on 1st January, if he is half as good as that then they will have another edge.

Potentially all this talk of van Dijk, it's whether he wouod want to leave one average team for another next month. Especially when a bigger team would be in for him this summer if he is as good as the media says.

So simple question. Would he joined a mid table team for money now or wouod he realistically leave at the end of the season for both money and better prospects?

Think people forget this in January

Not really, think even the most optomistic would say theres only a small chance and that chance rests on If Koeman could convince him to sign on board the 'project', don't underestimate the agents role in it all as well mate

Players 25, agent could move him on to us, get a nice big %, get his client a great deal, and in the contract have a get out clause in case we don't deliver on this project (no CL he leaves for what we paid for him in 2 years etc), player then gets his move - agent gets another big %

As i said though, chances are very unlikely, but the player/manager/agent relationship is the thing that does open the door a little bit.

Was trying to look at it from how i see Koeman looking at the squad mate.

Robles at best would be ideally his number 3 keeper, and would robles settle for that - doubtful, personally a decent number 2 in my eyes.
Browning - just don't think the lad has enough time to prove he's over the injury before his contracts over, and kinda been passed now by Holgate whose younger and honestly better already than him, shame as think myself he'd be a decent relaible covering defender.
McCarthy - will push for a move, and will likely rediscover top form for a season at whatever club he goes too.
Del - just think Koeman doesn't rate the lad in the sllightest and his weak pasrts of his game are the thigns Koeman reallty wants from his players, so he's toast and as good as gone to Boro already if they bid. Honestly think his chance came and went and we won't see him play for us again actually

Pep - any player going to City, especially in defence, is on a hiding to nothing. I have my doubts whether Pep will be there in a year or so anyway.

Liverpool were keen but have been distancing themselves away via the media. Would love it if its damage limitation as he wants the move here. Pretty good chance he is keen like.
Like I say, biggest thing will be Saints as they will be loathe to lose him to us.

Conte will go to Italy when he gets a cb in mate, just a gut feeling that he will trust players he knows more than take any risk on defence. he's set Chelsea up in a very Italian style at the back and who better to play that long term than Italian players/or from that league.
Liverpool - distanced themselves as they know the price is gonna be very high and they don't want to seem like they can't/won't go there, easier to pretend no interest than look like they dont want to spend money - funny that they only distanced themselves when the rumoured 25m buyout became apparent it didnt exist for example.

Guardiola will go for players he knows he can rely on IMO, eithe rones he's worked with before or ones he's managed against a lot, or whose quality is blindinlgy obvious (Bonnucci etc)

Was trying to look at it from how i see Koeman looking at the squad mate.

Robles at best would be ideally his number 3 keeper, and would robles settle for that - doubtful, personally a decent number 2 in my eyes.
Browning - just don't think the lad has enough time to prove he's over the injury before his contracts over, and kinda been passed now by Holgate whose younger and honestly better already than him, shame as think myself he'd be a decent relaible covering defender.
McCarthy - will push for a move, and will likely rediscover top form for a season at whatever club he goes too.
Del - just think Koeman doesn't rate the lad in the sllightest and his weak pasrts of his game are the thigns Koeman reallty wants from his players, so he's toast and as good as gone to Boro already if they bid. Honestly think his chance came and went and we won't see him play for us again actually

Fair doos...You're probably right about seeing things through Koeman's eyes...rather than most of us looking through these blue-tinted ones regarding Del/Browning et al

Just cant see us having a free ride for his signature and if we are competing with a club with title prospects/CL football then we will lose out imo.

Liverpool wont sign him as klopp wont pay £40 - £50 mill on a CB. I personally cant see City paying £50mill for another CB after spending all that money on Stones, Otamendi and Mangala - plus they need another striker first.

I cant see who else would need him that much to pay the fee, but I also dont think we will be the only ones that are vying for his signature - its a wierd one.

I would wait until the summer for Pickford. Realistically a keeper won't make us break the top 6 this season. We should have a clear run at him this summer as the rest seem set at that position.

We would have to anyway as he's going to be out for a while with a knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back