Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one game though, he has been stellar otherwise... I'm going with my theory that he wants to come here and with the window so close played bad to drive off the competition... I'll make you one of my fantastic tin foil hats if you want one too!

I can only tell it how I see it Friend, ive watched him twice now, once against us were he really impressed and once last night when he utterly stunk.

Kone, Niasse, Rodriguez, McAleny, Gibson, Pennington, Browning, McGeady - have to all intents and purposes been frozen out the squad anyway, thats 8 players right there that if they never showed up for training again - no one would actually notice.

Oviedo, Deulofeu, Cleverley, Jagielka, Robles, Valencia are basically only seeing game time - because the manager has no better options due to a terrible transfer window this summer, IF he can do he will bring in players ahead of all these in their positions and from that point onwards they are all in the boat with the Kone's as far as being totally out the squad. Thats another 6 players right there.

Mirallas, Mori, Lennon - seem to be liked more than the ones above, but none of them seem to really be a fit for what Koeman wants - so yet again depending how many we bring in - all of those are on borrowed time at the club - theres another 3

McCarthy seems by all reports that he wants to leave - probably the only player i listed that Koeman would choose to keep hold of in ideal circumstances.

If we bring in 5-6 this window who go itnot he first team or squad, and with us having 4 lads who have started getting into the matchday squads from the academy (DCL, Kenny, Davies and Holgate) then thats 9/10 spots we really need to free up at the latest by the summer - and assuming we bring in 4-5 in the summer that would mean we need about 13/15 spots - given we actually already have at this moment a very large/bloated squad (Huge for a team with no european footy) then seeing 18 players out would actually be needed, much the same way that the rs have done this under Klopp

....sorry for the confusion but you say about McCarthy, 'probably the only player I listed' but I don't see his name on your list. Did you intend to include him in the 2nd group of 6? The additional point I would make about McCarthy is his persistent hamstring problem and whether that will also be a factor for him being let go if somebody wants him.

Also, I notice Barkley isn't in your summary but he's another who isn't a regular starter. Contract talks are on hold and RK has openly criticised him. Speculating entirely on what RK might be thinking you have to wonder if he might be on the surplus to requirements list.

I can tell it how I see it Friend, ive watched him twice now, once against us were he really impressed and once last night when he utterly stunk.
I can see that. I respect everyone's opinion and see why you feel that way. I like Besic and think if he can stay healthy why he would be a great player especially in Koemans system but at the same time I can see why people give him and you crap. To go back to the point in this discussion I would love to get VVD and think he would thrive under Koeman

I can see that. I respect everyone's opinion and see why you feel that way. I like Besic and think if he can stay healthy why he would be a great player especially in Koemans system but at the same time I can see why people give him and you crap. To go back to the point in this discussion I would love to get VVD and think he would thrive under Koeman

Im not totally against it like the boy @Connor is.

Stats wise hes been head and shoulders above every defender in Europe for 18months, I just havent personally took the time to watch much of him, ive seen bits and bobs were hes looked good and bad.

I dont watch as much football as I used to, but for me the standard of defending seems really bad currently, all over the place.

Im not totally against it like the boy @Connor is.

Stats wise hes been head and shoulders above every defender in Europe for 18months, I just havent personally took the time to watch much of him, ive seen bits and bobs were hes looked good and bad.

I dont watch as much football as I used to, but for me the standard of defending seems really bad currently, all over the place.

Just call them like I see them MG.

Is pickford actually that good or is he just a British keeper making a few decent saves ala many others who go on to nothing other than their current level?

Sounds like flavour of the month, before next year it's the next young / promoted keeper.

Plus pickford if actually talented wouod take a few years before we got anywhere near a top keeper ala Chelsea loaning courtois out for a couple of years to develop elsewhere.

Is pickford actually that good or is he just a British keeper making a few decent saves ala many others who go on to nothing other than their current level?

Sounds like flavour of the month, before next year it's the next young / promoted keeper.

Plus pickford if actually talented wouod take a few years before we got anywhere near a top keeper ala Chelsea loaning courtois out for a couple of years to develop elsewhere.

Pickford is a very good goalkeeper

Very solid keeper whose been tipped for a few years through, yes, Football Manager.

He has the chance to be someones number one for at least the next 7/8 years. I'd hope that we'd be willing to take that gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back