Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
....sorry for the confusion but you say about McCarthy, 'probably the only player I listed' but I don't see his name on your list. Did you intend to include him in the 2nd group of 6? The additional point I would make about McCarthy is his persistent hamstring problem and whether that will also be a factor for him being let go if somebody wants him.

Also, I notice Barkley isn't in your summary but he's another who isn't a regular starter. Contract talks are on hold and RK has openly criticised him. Speculating entirely on what RK might be thinking you have to wonder if he might be on the surplus to requirements list.

The post your quoting was a follow up one mate from one a few minutes earleir which included both.

Barkley i just don't see leaving until Koeman has the team a bit more the way he wants at which point it'll be the big test if Barkley can fit into that system (the old Barkley with better players will play better argument), also don't see any club offfering what we'd want to sell him right now.

McCarthy i think was a dead cert to leave until this latest injury, now not so sure as it must give teams doubts who had an interest, either way don't see him being at Everton past next summer, personally - would rather see Cleverley leave in January as think he offers absolutely nothing to the team, McCarthy at least 'can' play decently when he's fit and bothered to do so

Personally don't think we have a single player that Koeman woudln't sell for the right ammount mind - besides the ones he's brought in obviously

Im not totally against it like the boy @Connor is.

Stats wise hes been head and shoulders above every defender in Europe for 18months, I just havent personally took the time to watch much of him, ive seen bits and bobs were hes looked good and bad.

I dont watch as much football as I used to, but for me the standard of defending seems really bad currently, all over the place.

Alderweild is a the best cb in the league by a country mile IMO, VVD is deffo in the group behind though,

Pickford is a very good goalkeeper
Now he might well be but the same was said about vorm and now he is third choice. The same was said about krull and he declined again. Ruddy was tipped from Chelsea at one point, now championship etc.

All I'm saying is the reaction to him based on this season is similar to many others who ended up clearly being not as good as people thought.

If he is good then would happily have him here! Not saying I don't want him at all, just asking if he is that good or just hyped up keeper of the season like Heaton, Marshall, Ruddy, krul, to name a few.

Also easy to remember a keeper looks better when he has more shots at him than one in a good defence, robles looked better than he was because he didn't face many shots at him

Very solid keeper whose been tipped for a few years through, yes, Football Manager.

He has the chance to be someones number one for at least the next 7/8 years. I'd hope that we'd be willing to take that gamble.
If that's the case then butland and forster prove it's worth that gamble.

If that's the case then butland and forster prove it's worth that gamble.

I like forster but he's getting hammered by saints fans as he's been very poor this season. They say he's slow and doesnt command his area at all.

Like most players from opposition teams, we only really see them if they are on live (if you can even be bothered watching) or if they play us. Plus the 4-5 minute highlights each week on MOTD.

GK's must be one of the hardest positions to scout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back