Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nearly transfer time chaps, I hope you are all suitably excited.

We will find out if we mean business in a few days.
Same thing will happen as every other year.

All this excitement through here of talking up loads of players and any reference to a possible deal.

Window opens , hardly anything happens.

People then fume.

Then we are half way through and we hear nothing.

Then final week all the jarg stories come in and the club then start putting soundbites out about not needing as many as we thought/difficult to do business/reducing numbers of incoming

Then we sign lookman deadline day and we then release statements of intent for the summer

Same thing will happen as every other year.

All this excitement through here of talking up loads of players and any reference to a possible deal.

Window opens , hardly anything happens.

People then fume.

Then we are half way through and we hear nothing.

Then final week all the jarg stories come in and the club then start putting soundbites out about not needing as many as we thought/difficult to do business/reducing numbers of incoming

Then we sign lookman deadline day and we then release statements of intent for the summer

Like I say, we will soon find out. I'm actually fairly optimistic for a change.

I like forster but he's getting hammered by saints fans as he's been very poor this season. They say he's slow and doesnt command his area at all.

Like most players from opposition teams, we only really see them if they are on live (if you can even be bothered watching) or if they play us. Plus the 4-5 minute highlights each week on MOTD.

GK's must be one of the hardest positions to scout.
Suppose he proves my earlier point of flash in the pan keepers then.

Before his injury he was marked as one of the best in the league if I recall.

Personally don't see us signing a keeper even if we do bring a few new players in to be honest, not until the summer anyway.

I can't see us signing VVD at all, despite his apparent good relations with Koeman and his family.

If a "Top 6" club comes in for him, he'll join them, sentimentality will not have a part to play, he'll have an ego like every other footballer.

I can't see us signing VVD at all, despite his apparent good relations with Koeman and his family.

If a "Top 6" club comes in for him, he'll join them, sentimentality will not have a part to play, he'll have an ego like every other footballer.

I heard Ronny didnt even send him a Christmas card this year.

File this under OFF.

Yeah think we do myself.

Jags looks worrying close to being finished, Mori - well it's Mori, and Holgate is still learning and doubt he will be trusted in a 2 atm

FM was a disaster waiting to happen v Leicester. Awful distribution and generally clumsy, maybe he will come good. Holgate looks very promising.

Surly the Chelsea CB are the best in the league at the mement. 2 conceded in 12
Spurs boys also very good.
Jones has been very good for United also.

FM was a disaster waiting to happen v Leicester. Awful distribution and generally clumsy, maybe he will come good. Holgate looks very promising.

The Chelsea unit are very good, but individually they are utterly horrific.

We dont even need a Keeper, United have the best in the world and are still utter tosh.

True.

Sorry Bob but which game did you watch? Mori was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back