Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing will happen as every other year.

All this excitement through here of talking up loads of players and any reference to a possible deal.

Window opens , hardly anything happens.

People then fume.

Then we are half way through and we hear nothing.

Then final week all the jarg stories come in and the club then start putting soundbites out about not needing as many as we thought/difficult to do business/reducing numbers of incoming

Then we sign lookman deadline day and we then release statements of intent for the summer

Hahaha... Brilliant
Deep down I'm bracing myself for this but clinging to the small percentage chance that I'll be pleasnetly surprised.

True.

Sorry Bob but which game did you watch? Mori was fantastic.

His distribution was brutal. Even from a few yards away and especially in the first half.
Passes to fellow defenders missing and he looks ropey receiving the ball under pressure.
His defending is generally good and a constant danger from set plays.
If we're playing with 3 at the back then I think we need another centre half in

I can't see us signing VVD at all, despite his apparent good relations with Koeman and his family.

If a "Top 6" club comes in for him, he'll join them, sentimentality will not have a part to play, he'll have an ego like every other footballer.

Arsenal would never pay that for a CB, same with Klopp. Spurs would be wasting money as they have 2 top CB's already and Dier able to fill in when necessary. That leaves City, Utd and Chelsea.

His distribution was brutal. Even from a few yards away and especially in the first half.
Passes to fellow defenders missing and he looks ropey receiving the ball under pressure.
His defending is generally good and a constant danger from set plays.
If we're playing with 3 at the back then I think we need another centre half in

75% pass completion, with only three short passes missed - only one of which was to a fellow defender.

I will concede that he doesn't look natural in his distribution at times but he defends well. Doesn't need shipping out yet and looks better next to Williams than anyone else we've partnered with him this season.

Same thing will happen as every other year.

All this excitement through here of talking up loads of players and any reference to a possible deal.

Window opens , hardly anything happens.

People then fume.

Then we are half way through and we hear nothing.

Then final week all the jarg stories come in and the club then start putting soundbites out about not needing as many as we thought/difficult to do business/reducing numbers of incoming

Then we sign lookman deadline day and we then release statements of intent for the summer

This. We're going down the same garden path as this summer. Can't see the likes of Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal just letting us get quality players like Schneiderlin without throwing their hats in the ring. Everyone of those clubs are desperate for quality players to push on just like us, and have more to offer.
Reckon we'll get 1-2, but nobody that high profile. Hope I'm wrong.

75% pass completion, with only three short passes missed - only one of which was to a fellow defender.

I will concede that he doesn't look natural in his distribution at times but he defends well. Doesn't need shipping out yet and looks better next to Williams than anyone else we've partnered with him this season.

Agreed on the pairing of him and Williams and I think he will get better. He does worry me a bit though. Maybe I was a bit harsh on him and I do like a lot about him. Definately don't want him shipped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back