Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting early business done is the most important thing.

There's no reason why Schneiderlin and Depay can't be Everton players in the first few days of January, and both would improve us a lot.

I'm pretty sure the £25m release clause for VVD isn't a real thing but what a steal that would be.

Ahhh youre still sore about the fact I'd heard of the biggest central midfield revelation in Italian football this season (whose been all over the media) after you had dismissed him and compared him to Niasse/Bakayoko (2 forwards)...

Someone who Chelsea's £21 offer was rejected....because he's unheard of...

lol

I know, lets spend £19.9mil on Berahino whose contract expires at the end of the season ;)

If you can find where I compared anyone to Niasse or Bakayoko I'll send you the £21 that Chelsea have had turned down....with interest. You can get Mummy to pop it into your piggy bank for when you need the next Shoot Annual.

Even McGeady was loaned out and doesnt his contract expire in summer as well as mcaleny?

theres always clubs who want players...for the right price.

i'm going to disagree with you here mate, Preston won't sign McGeady imo, Osman hasn't kicked a ball since being released so is available for free. who is interested in the others ??

Kone, McAleny, Valencia (loan spell), Browning - contracts all finish this summer

Jagielka, Lennon, Mirallas, Pennington, Barry, Gibson, Robles, Barkley, Deulofeu - contracts all expire in 2018

Oviedo, Rodriguez, (2019)

Cleverley, McCarthy, Mori, Niasse all expire 2020

The 4 whose contracts finish this summer - 3 of those are nailed on to leave, with only Browning the possible excpetion (although have to say likely he will leave due to the amount of young lads we have coming through in the same position)

The ones expiring next summer - this window will be the last one where any value on them will remain 'relatively' intact, soon as they enter the last year of the deal then there value plummets - Barry obviously won't go anywhere and will retire here most likely, the rest could all possibly be moved on (hopefully not Barkley and we get him a new contract) - of that lot, Jageilka, Mirallas, Lennon, Deulofeu are all 'sellable' players without a huige amount of trouble and would find buyers. Pennington, Gibson, Robles, - likely either have to give them a free (paying off part of their contracts) or leave them to rot in the reserves for a season and a half as no one will realistically come calling for them and pay money.

Ones on longer deals, - Ovideo, Cleverley, Niasse, someone might be stupid enough to pay us for them, else we will have to loan them out - none of them will realistically feature much again for the team.

McCarthy, Mori, both good likeihoods of moving on within the next 6 months - both would bring in a good fee and would be 'easily' sellable

Out of the entire lot of those players - the only ones i can see this time next year still being at Everton AND featuring in the first team squad would be Barkley (possibly Mori)

Or Guardiola/Conte and the prospect of CL football straight away.

Guardiola already said he won't be after him in january, plus the fact that there's a more than decent chance City won't be in the CL next season (same goes for all the current top 6 teams besides Chelsea really)

As for Chelsea, not seen a single shred of anything linking him with them from any half decent source

Will we get him - hugely doubtful, but still think 95% of the links are just the papers bigging up a good player moving with no substance - as they love to do with Lukaku in the past as well...

Kone, McAleny, Valencia (loan spell), Browning - contracts all finish this summer

Jagielka, Lennon, Mirallas, Pennington, Barry, Gibson, Robles, Barkley, Deulofeu - contracts all expire in 2018

Oviedo, Rodriguez, (2019)

Cleverley, McCarthy, Mori, Niasse all expire 2020

The 4 whose contracts finish this summer - 3 of those are nailed on to leave, with only Browning the possible excpetion (although have to say likely he will leave due to the amount of young lads we have coming through in the same position)

The ones expiring next summer - this window will be the last one where any value on them will remain 'relatively' intact, soon as they enter the last year of the deal then there value plummets - Barry obviously won't go anywhere and will retire here most likely, the rest could all possibly be moved on (hopefully not Barkley and we get him a new contract) - of that lot, Jageilka, Mirallas, Lennon, Deulofeu are all 'sellable' players without a huige amount of trouble and would find buyers. Pennington, Gibson, Robles, - likely either have to give them a free (paying off part of their contracts) or leave them to rot in the reserves for a season and a half as no one will realistically come calling for them and pay money.

Ones on longer deals, - Ovideo, Cleverley, Niasse, someone might be stupid enough to pay us for them, else we will have to loan them out - none of them will realistically feature much again for the team.

McCarthy, Mori, both good likeihoods of moving on within the next 6 months - both would bring in a good fee and would be 'easily' sellable

Out of the entire lot of those players - the only ones i can see this time next year still being at Everton AND featuring in the first team squad would be Barkley (possibly Mori)

Imagine that! 19 players there and;

4 out of contract in summer

9 who need to be sold jan/summer or leave for free in 1.5 years

6 with longer contracts; Oviedo/Rodriguez/Cleverley/McCarthy/Mori/Niasse

Great detective work there...

Niasse to Turkey €6mil rumoured
McCarthy should be an easy sell £15mil
Cleverley £7mil+
Mori £15mil
Oviedo/Rodrigues free

I think if we could move them all on now that would be brilliant though i guess with the STCC rules it would be better to sell McCarthy,Mori and Cleverley in the summer so we have £37mil + the other 13 players (id keep deulofeu and barkley though).

Doesnt seem so difficult when you explain it all simply like that ;)

Getting early business done is the most important thing.

There's no reason why Schneiderlin and Depay can't be Everton players in the first few days of January, and both would improve us a lot.

I'm pretty sure the £25m release clause for VVD isn't a real thing but what a steal that would be.

Any even remote chance of us getting VVD would dissapear if he indeed had a 25m release clause - in theory If we bid what Moshiri said we did for Koulibaly then it'd give us a chance to get him - and take Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs out of the equation - as no chance one arth any of those would pay 40+ for him (especially the rs) whereas for 25m theyd all be after him.

City and Chelsea both seem to be looking at players in the Italian leagues (from reports anyway), United - dunno just don't see Mourinho going for him - think he will go for someone else ...

Don't write city off league wise. They are now welcoming the next Neymar into their team on 1st January, if he is half as good as that then they will have another edge.

Potentially all this talk of van Dijk, it's whether he wouod want to leave one average team for another next month. Especially when a bigger team would be in for him this summer if he is as good as the media says.

So simple question. Would he joined a mid table team for money now or wouod he realistically leave at the end of the season for both money and better prospects?

Think people forget this in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back