Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but United arent really in a hurry, so its no wonder they appear to be dragging their feet a little.

Still think him and deeps will be done quite early in the window, the first week, rather than the first day.

We play City at home on the 15th mate, Mourinho being the sly fox he is, he would love us to take points off them, reckon the deals will be well wrapped up in time for them to both start for that game

I think we bring in Depay and Schneiderlin by the 5th at the latest. If the management wants to show they are serious and make up for the summer window then they will lock up these two early and work on others soon after.

No happening mate. We'll be arguing over the particulars until the last day when Stoke swoop in and unveil their Dutch wizard

Apparently the telegraph are saying arsenal and Chelsea looking at Ross with Spurs to make a bid.

Not sure how they can write that alongside koeman pointing out how bad he has been overall. But of an oxymoron

I think we bring in Depay and Schneiderlin by the 5th at the latest. If the management wants to show they are serious and make up for the summer window then they will lock up these two early and work on others soon after.

Room needs to be made in the squad first, so a couple of exits on loan or otherwise in the next few days might be a good sign that early deals are likely.

" Ronald Koeman has been very important to me. Above all because he gave me the Premier League is removed as manager of Southampton . I also had a very good relationship with him. I loved working with him. When he left, I found which is also very unfortunate. That's what I told him. But he had several reasons for Everton to go. and in the end, the choice to him and his family, "Van Dijk says in ELF Voetbal Magazine.

"I'm very grateful for what he has done for me. I gained confidence and we talked a lot with each other. So we talked together game images. They look I still always go back to my iPad. Koeman also indicated how the better and how could I not have to get into certain situations. "

"That's what I'm doing now with Orange. With Franshoek , the goalkeeping coach, for example. We're talking about corners and free kicks. What is going well? What did not? You know, I want to get the most out of myself. As you get better wants to go to the details. How do you stand, coach or walking. Koeman was in it quite right. I'm someone who has that need, "said the 12-time international.

Casually
in his time at Southampton Koeman said that Van Dijk sometimes be sloppy and careless in his game. "We often talked about it. This also has to do with operational speed and concentration. Is indeed sometimes said of me that I may seem nonchalant. I'm not aware of it. It may come through my quiet appearance. They can see the people too if you think about easy. But certainly in England is laziness immediately punished. you have to be sharp. "

" Ronald Koeman has been very important to me. Above all because he gave me the Premier League is removed as manager of Southampton . I also had a very good relationship with him. I loved working with him. When he left, I found which is also very unfortunate. That's what I told him. But he had several reasons for Everton to go. and in the end, the choice to him and his family, "Van Dijk says in ELF Voetbal Magazine.

"I'm very grateful for what he has done for me. I gained confidence and we talked a lot with each other. So we talked together game images. They look I still always go back to my iPad. Koeman also indicated how the better and how could I not have to get into certain situations. "

"That's what I'm doing now with Orange. With Franshoek , the goalkeeping coach, for example. We're talking about corners and free kicks. What is going well? What did not? You know, I want to get the most out of myself. As you get better wants to go to the details. How do you stand, coach or walking. Koeman was in it quite right. I'm someone who has that need, "said the 12-time international.

Casually
in his time at Southampton Koeman said that Van Dijk sometimes be sloppy and careless in his game. "We often talked about it. This also has to do with operational speed and concentration. Is indeed sometimes said of me that I may seem nonchalant. I'm not aware of it. It may come through my quiet appearance. They can see the people too if you think about easy. But certainly in England is laziness immediately punished. you have to be sharp. "
Sounds like him and koeman have quite a good working relashionship. Hopefully he can sell him the project and we can do a deal at a reasonable price.

Casually

Basically reading that and comparing it with what he says about barkley, it's Koemans style of man management, and if your tough enough then you will respond, over to you Ross

Basically reading that and comparing it with what he says about barkley, it's Koemans style of man management, and if your tough enough then you will respond, over to you Ross

Football seems to be one of the only industries involving massively highly paid individuals where a blunt style of man management is regarded as a positive.

Some people are motivated by someone constantly on at them saying they are useless ("I'll prove that #### wrong") others need someone to reassure them that they are valued ("I like the manager, and he believes in me").

Something just about every decent teacher/social worker/director knows but football seemingly ignores in favour of authoritarian bluntness.

Football seems to be one of the only industries involving massively highly paid individuals where a blunt style of man management is regarded as a positive.

Some people are motivated by someone constantly on at them saying they are useless ("I'll prove that #### wrong") others need someone to reassure them that they are valued ("I like the manager, and he believes in me").

Something just about every decent teacher/social worker/director knows but football seemingly ignores in favour of authoritarian bluntness.
Key skill for any manager should be knowing how to get the best kut of individuals as one method wint suit all. I think its time for a change of plan with ross.

Normally in industry salary is matched to experience. In football, managers are mostly dealing with kids therefore they need to be more of a father figure at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back