Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a massive window for RK, FM and us the fans. We have quality players that are just not performing. If RK gets the players he wants then perhaps there'll be better blend of players and the team will perform more effectively. Watching Everton has been painful for too long. Talented individuals but an inept team.

It will be interesting to see the type of players we recruit. Hopefully Everton doesn't become a team full of Bolasie's and Sissoko's

Tell you what, I'd be bloody delighted with Keane. Cracking player with a good head on his shoulders who I can see improving further.

Football seems to be one of the only industries involving massively highly paid individuals where a blunt style of man management is regarded as a positive.

Some people are motivated by someone constantly on at them saying they are useless ("I'll prove that #### wrong") others need someone to reassure them that they are valued ("I like the manager, and he believes in me").

Something just about every decent teacher/social worker/director knows but football seemingly ignores in favour of authoritarian bluntness.

Most other jobs don't get broadcasted to half a billion people and have a live audience of 40k people ... at least half of which are cheering or boing your every action... add to that you have 11 humans trying to physically stop you doing your job. You need to be tough in this profession....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back