Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imho we need a player like Shane Long with lots of mobility, pace and desire to chase everything. Would create chances for Lukaku
Might chip in with a few goals too

It suits him. At prime age, why would you move to such league unless you are a $ grabber?
Isn't money the reason that so many overseas players come to England? China is now upping the stakes and it will be interesting to see how this will affect the Premier League in the next 5 - 10 years.

So...

Lookman
Schneiderlin
Depay
+ CB/Striker

Would you be happy with that?

I still think the biggest challenges lie in getting the most from the players we have.

Granted, we don't seem to be playing for much other than 7th but its important that we see a visible improvement in results and performances, and try to achieve a run of form/consistency.

I would be ok with the above players, particularly an emerging talent such as Lookman but to be honest, I don't see any names linked that have gotten me really excited. As much as I like Schneiderlin, it's asking a lot for him to come in and transform our season if he is going to be the stand-out signing.

The above will cost £40-60m which is a bit sobering, and reflective of the prices in football these days. I see it as imperative that we try to shift as much deadwood/players with no future here as we can, as we are going to need the same level of expenditure over again in the summer. I would not be surprised if Barkley goes then, unless Moshiri is going to finance spending on a much bigger level than I anticipate.

So...

Lookman
Schneiderlin
Depay
+ CB/Striker

Would you be happy with that?

I still think the biggest challenges lie in getting the most from the players we have.

Granted, we don't seem to be playing for much other than 7th but its important that we see a visible improvement in results and performances, and try to achieve a run of form/consistency.

I would be ok with the above players, particularly an emerging talent such as Lookman but to be honest, I don't see any names linked that have gotten me really excited. As much as I like Schneiderlin, it's asking a lot for him to come in and transform our season if he is going to be the stand-out signing.

The above will cost £40-60m which is a bit sobering, and reflective of the prices in football these days. I see it as imperative that we try to shift as much deadwood/players with no future here as we can, as we are going to need the same level of expenditure over again in the summer. I would not be surprised if Barkley goes then, unless Moshiri is going to finance spending on a much bigger level than I anticipate.

I think I'd be ok with those you mention. It won't be enough to push us much further than we are now as you say the players we have now are more than half the problem.

If I'm honest though, I don't think we will get near the amount of players you mention there. But that's probably the Everton in me thinking that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back