Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't money the reason that so many overseas players come to England? China is now upping the stakes and it will be interesting to see how this will affect the Premier League in the next 5 - 10 years.

But the standard of the league? A team can only have 4/5 foreigners is it? The rest are made up by local players. The stardard won't just pop up.

There is no way for footballing reason or honour if you go there. If you are finding retirement home with good money then yes.

Makes the whole joke of a summer even..i don't know if its funnier or worse.

The funny thing is that in the summer I actually had a bit of respect for him for deciding to wait for Juventus even though we were offering him more money, but you only go to China for one thing, and that's the money, looks like I misjudged him.

we need a big rebuild to freshen up an ageing squad. There is no link between our midfield and attack. If we get a decent offer for Barkley I would now take it. I just can't see him developing that game intelligence. I think if we were to bring in someone like Siggurdson to play in the Barkley position it would instantly improve us

So...

Lookman
Schneiderlin
Depay
+ CB/Striker

Would you be happy with that?

I still think the biggest challenges lie in getting the most from the players we have.

Granted, we don't seem to be playing for much other than 7th but its important that we see a visible improvement in results and performances, and try to achieve a run of form/consistency.

I would be ok with the above players, particularly an emerging talent such as Lookman but to be honest, I don't see any names linked that have gotten me really excited. As much as I like Schneiderlin, it's asking a lot for him to come in and transform our season if he is going to be the stand-out signing.

The above will cost £40-60m which is a bit sobering, and reflective of the prices in football these days. I see it as imperative that we try to shift as much deadwood/players with no future here as we can, as we are going to need the same level of expenditure over again in the summer. I would not be surprised if Barkley goes then, unless Moshiri is going to finance spending on a much bigger level than I anticipate.

To answer your question - I wouldn't be happy with that but would take it as the bare minimum that we need.

In truth we need a new keeper , centre back , 2 midfield players , a wide player / playmaker and striker all able to go right into the 1st eleven but I very much doubt that will happen in 1 window.

The funny thing is that in the summer I actually had a bit of respect for him for deciding to wait for Juventus even though we were offering him more money, but you only go to China for one thing, and that's the money, looks like I misjudged him.

Erm excuse me !!!

Crispy Duck
Ribs
Foo Yung
Sweet n Sour King Prawns
Fried Rice
Chow Mein
etc etc etc.........................

So...

Lookman
Schneiderlin
Depay
+ CB/Striker

Would you be happy with that?

I still think the biggest challenges lie in getting the most from the players we have.

Granted, we don't seem to be playing for much other than 7th but its important that we see a visible improvement in results and performances, and try to achieve a run of form/consistency.

I would be ok with the above players, particularly an emerging talent such as Lookman but to be honest, I don't see any names linked that have gotten me really excited. As much as I like Schneiderlin, it's asking a lot for him to come in and transform our season if he is going to be the stand-out signing.

The above will cost £40-60m which is a bit sobering, and reflective of the prices in football these days. I see it as imperative that we try to shift as much deadwood/players with no future here as we can, as we are going to need the same level of expenditure over again in the summer. I would not be surprised if Barkley goes then, unless Moshiri is going to finance spending on a much bigger level than I anticipate.
Steve Walsh has the easiest job in football if these are his targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back