Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just sign some ace players for a change. PROPER ace players.

It feels like years since we signed a real head turner.

Rooney on loan. Will give Ross some healthy competition, and give us just enough firepower at the front to properly play the 3-5-2 with two centre forwards that Koeman likes if at any point we need a change- rather have Rooney up there than Deulofeu or Mirallas, or god help us Valencia. If he does alright, sign him for a year or two on what are hopefully reduced wages. Other than that, think we need a defensive midfielder as McCarthy and Besic are crocked and we need someone to fill in for Gueye when he a). is suspended as he is this weekend or b). is at AFCON. Cleverley won't do and we shouldn't be needing to put too much pressure on Davies. Maybe another winger as well as Mirallas is infuriatingly inconsistent as is Deulofeu... Oxlade-Chamberlain would be great, but he'd probably prefer to go somewhere with less competition.

*checks calendar and scratches head*

The chances of anyone, never mind us, signing any quality in the January window are small, so, if it's all the same to you and anyone else who thinks the forthcoming window is important, then I think I'll concentrate on the games we play before February, but I wish you well in your ultimately pointless dreams, wet or otherwise.

Cheers

Jimi

I didn't say I would be posting in it; It is simply a way of preventing 500 threads a day popping up in the Everton Forum.

So kindly wind your neck in Sir.

Cheers

Cheese.

We should go for Modeste from Cologne. He is in form, started the season brilliantly and brilliant in the air and would provide a class alternative to Lukaku. Could cost a lot but would be worth it because Valencia and our youngsters are not enough.

I'm sure @Zatara will back me up when I say we should be targeting:

Leon Bailey
Alexander Isak
Wilfred Ndidi

Not if Koeman has anything to so with it!

I'd be all over Memphis Depay and Fosu-Mensah at United. They could both be real assets in our system.

Fabregas.webp
Wayne-Rooney.webp

Rooney on loan. Will give Ross some healthy competition, and give us just enough firepower at the front to properly play the 3-5-2 with two centre forwards that Koeman likes if at any point we need a change- rather have Rooney up there than Deulofeu or Mirallas, or god help us Valencia. If he does alright, sign him for a year or two on what are hopefully reduced wages. Other than that, think we need a defensive midfielder as McCarthy and Besic are crocked and we need someone to fill in for Gueye when he a). is suspended as he is this weekend or b). is at AFCON. Cleverley won't do and we shouldn't be needing to put too much pressure on Davies. Maybe another winger as well as Mirallas is infuriatingly inconsistent as is Deulofeu... Oxlade-Chamberlain would be great, but he'd probably prefer to go somewhere with less competition.
I agree Rooney on loan provided wages less than 100k pw. Only because we'll really struggle to bring in decent permanent bod in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back