Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way RK would sign depay. Koeman has mentioned Dutch players recently. And by all accounts depay has a shocking attitude.

Always been impressed with VVD. Either way I'm sure Koeman will try and sign a powerful CB next summer 6-3" 6-4" who's going to dominate in the air. This will be Jags last season imo

If you google Depay and Koeman the first few articles are saying (1) How Koeman wanted to sign him for Southampton and saying how good he is (2) Koeman saying how inconsistent Depay is and how he isn't sure he'd cope in the PL

No way RK would sign depay. Koeman has mentioned Dutch players recently. And by all accounts depay has a shocking attitude.

Always been impressed with VVD. Either way I'm sure Koeman will try and sign a powerful CB next summer 6-3" 6-4" who's going to dominate in the air. This will be Jags last season imo

4 Dutchmen we should try and sign...

Strootman (been rumoured)
Depay (koemans quoted as rating him)
VVD (played for Saints)
Bazoer (going to be amazing)

Who knows...Depay i think, like Deulofeu needs confidence and a run of games.

4 Dutchmen we should try and sign...

Strootman (been rumoured)
Depay (koemans quoted as rating him)
VVD (played for Saints)
Bazoer (going to be amazing)

Who knows...Depay i think, like Deulofeu needs confidence and a run of games.
I'm not saying he would never sign Dutch players , as he did sign a few for Southampton.

Just going off the piece I read a few weeks back. Maybe he does rate depay like you and @Timak have said. The last 18 months may have changed his mind.

I'm not saying he would never sign Dutch players , as he did sign a few for Southampton.

Just going off the piece I read a few weeks back. Maybe he does rate depay like you and @Timak have said. The last 18 months may have changed his mind.

Who knows...i think we wont know too much about the transfer policy until after next summer.

Depay one side and Deulofeu the other...exciting.

What has Bolasie done to offend you so much Zat? :D

In all seriousness, on Depay... I'm just not a huge fan of him.

Don't get me wrong, looks a great talent, but that's all he is.

Seems to lack discipline and work-rate and tends to be a one-trick pony, despite seemingly having an abundance of quality.

The primary player I'd like to see us bring in from United would be Schneiderlin (well, Mata would be great, but can't see that happening).

Don't think Jags will be retiring any time soon but I do think you're right in the sense we need a powerful CB (Koulibaly and Kone looked to be the ones we went for this summer just gone), and that Jags will probably start to be rotated a lot more (Sunday's game was a prime example of this).

What has Bolasie done to offend you so much Zat? :D

In all seriousness, on Depay... I'm just not a huge fan of him.

Don't get me wrong, looks a great talent, but that's all he is.

Seems to lack discipline and work-rate and tends to be a one-trick pony, despite seemingly having an abundance of quality.

The primary player I'd like to see us bring in from United would be Schneiderlin (well, Mata would be great, but can't see that happening).

Well, i agree on Depay...hes got the lot but having been in Holland where he destroyed everyone i think hes had a bad time of it at Utd.

If Ferguson was there hed be a star now. You never saw Ronaldo being asked to track back to inside his own penalty area and thats what LVG did with him...tried turning him into a robot

Id come round to Koeman a bit if he got Depay in and turned him into a star player for us.

Don't think Jags will be retiring any time soon but I do think you're right in the sense we need a powerful CB (Koulibaly and Kone looked to be the ones we went for this summer just gone), and that Jags will probably start to be rotated a lot more (Sunday's game was a prime example of this).

I said at the time VVD was the one...but we got Mori whose value has at least doubled due to his Argentina status...a spanish team if they had money would be ideal for him if we ever sold.

VVD though would be perfect.

I wanted Forster, Wanyama and VVD but no don't listen to me.

Mate I think Forster may be a goer in the summer, Imho Steck is not a first choice keeper ( and Koeman knows this) and was bought as a stop gap until a better one is bought. Usually when a manager changes clubs they will agree not to go back to their old clubs for a player for a season ( Moyes I know) and I think this is what he may do.

I didn't say I would be posting in it; It is simply a way of preventing 500 threads a day popping up in the Everton Forum.

So kindly wind your neck in Sir.

Cheers

Cheese.

Fair play.
I feel suitably chastised, but I shall check occassionally to see if you're posting in here :)

May your cheese always be blue

Ta

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back