Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with all of this, but the other most natural market for us is to use our place in the food chain to buy the better players from clubs with less pull than us.

Williams, Bolasie and Gueye were all the best players from "lesser" teams than us as far as the current pecking order goes. January isn't an easy time to buy these sort of players as replacing them is very difficult for the selling club but, realistically, we should have a dozen or so clubs in the league we can outmuscle financially and be seen as a bigger draw for.

VVD would be an obvious target, especially given Southampton's propensity for selling their better players, but he is more of a realistic target for the summer than now.

January will be players on the fringes or at clubs where they need to raise money

Great post.Spot on.

I often feel we look in the wrong places for quality players.

We need enthusiastic players who see Everton as the next step up in their career,not mercenaries who see us as a step down but willing to pay their ridiculous wages.

What is a Schneiderlin/Mata type when they are totally different types ok player?

I was talking about the player type regarding the possible transfer situations, mata was not first choice although has forced his way in and neither is/was schneiderlein. I didn't mean it from a playing style, just the type of players who may move for the right price/club.

Honda has been poor for ages mate. Brahimi seems to have stopped playing for the team.

Brahimi wanted out didn't he, seems him and Kone have just given up. Poor attitudes if they are your players, obviously keen to move to us if your a blue :D

Honda has been poor, I haven't even seen him play a part in Milan's last few games, but he is not a poor player, I think we may have a chance of another cahill/Arteta/Pienaar buy for cheap. That is why I categorised him as a January target, maybe loan him and see if it works, if not then he goes back.

Great post.Spot on.

I often feel we look in the wrong places for quality players.

We need enthusiastic players who see Everton as the next step up in their career,not mercenaries who see us as a step down but willing to pay their ridiculous wages.
Isn't that exactly why we brought Walsh in?

This might be unrealistic, but what about Dwight Gayle? He's got a decent goals record for Palace despite a limited role. Plus he's been a goal a game man for Newcastle this year. Given that they have Perez and Mitrovic, if we make Mike Ashley a decent offer, we may be able to pry him away. The big question is, will Rafael's influence block a potential deal?

This might be unrealistic, but what about Dwight Gayle? He's got a decent goals record for Palace despite a limited role. Plus he's been a goal a game man for Newcastle this year. Given that they have Perez and Mitrovic, if we make Mike Ashley a decent offer, we may be able to pry him away. The big question is, will Rafael's influence block a potential deal?
Not being funny mate. But how is a player, deemed not good enough for cyrstal palace. Good enough for us.

I think moshiri hired Koeman and Walsh to bring in much better players than this lad

Brahimi wanted out didn't he, seems him and Kone have just given up. Poor attitudes if they are your players, obviously keen to move to us if your a blue :D

Honda has been poor, I haven't even seen him play a part in Milan's last few games, but he is not a poor player, I think we may have a chance of another cahill/Arteta/Pienaar buy for cheap. That is why I categorised him as a January target, maybe loan him and see if it works, if not then he goes back.

I think the Milan side looks ok this season but if Honda hasnt looked good in a while and isnt up to that league then he wont be able to cut it in a faster league.

Not being funny mate. But how is a player, deemed not good enough for cyrstal palace. Good enough for us.

I think moshiri hired Koeman and Walsh to bring in much better players than this lad

He scored 8 goals for Palace between 2014/2015 and 2015/2016. That's the same as Enner Valencia and 2 more than Kone. I haven't watched his performances closely, but based on this as well as how he's taken his chance at Newcastle, he would be an upgrade over what we have now. It's well and good to say we should be targeting the best available top flight players on the continent. But based on the lack of success we had in attracting these players in the summer transfer window, I think we need to look for quality elsewhere.

He scored 8 goals for Palace between 2014/2015 and 2015/2016. That's the same as Enner Valencia and 2 more than Kone. I haven't watched his performances closely, but based on this as well as how he's taken his chance at Newcastle, he would be an upgrade over what we have now. It's well and good to say we should be targeting the best available top flight players on the continent. But based on the lack of success we had in attracting these players in the summer transfer window, I think we need to look for quality elsewhere.
Valencia was a last minute buy. him and kone will be gone by the end of the season.

Look at the forwards we were after. Gabbiadini 20+ mil and Perez 17mil

I'd take him as 3rd choice. But Back up to rom needs to be much better than Gayle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back