Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go lads, enjoy.

Let's hope we are not all fuming again come 31st Jan.
And there it is!
The dreaded 31st. We don't want, or need any pussyfooting with targets throughout this month.
A simplistic enough statement from me in that if Walsh and Co don't know their preferred players by now, then shame on them.
If they do know the names get them signed up before the FA cup games, as any of them getting cup tied starts to muddy the already murky waters.

Happy New year, so far broke my phone screen on my wifes inhaler, knocked her full glass of martini all over our bed, sliced my thin open making a crab salad, lit two ciggies the wrong way round and managed to get the dog drunk by leaving my gkassbif lawsons on the floor.

But this would even it all out and make a cracking new year.

Reckon this will have similarities to our transfer window?

This is why its imperative that the young players keep getting games for us this season so they can get experience and develop for next year where they could be at least squad players.

That saves us signing new players for the squad and also enables us to clear out the dross we have accumulated and sign less players for more money.

Its the difference between signing a £20mil player as 1st choice + a £10mil backup and having a kid + a £30mil player...it all adds up.
In principle I agree with this.

However a mate of mine whose footballing judgement I trust goes to every under 23 and reserve game and says that apart from Holgate and Davies there is nothing in the pipeline remotely good enough for the first team.

We dont need to sign players who at 23 'may improve'.

What we need is teenagers with high potential + stars who can immediately improve our team.

The idea that a 23-year old doesn't have room for improvement is utter nonsense.

The human brain doesn't finish developing until the age of 25 or 26. That's especially true of the prefrontal cortex, which controls decision making, problem solving and most other executive functions that are crucial to being able to think through a football match.

Buy Buy Buy
JvyrMko.jpg

Who's arsed about the price of any player? If we can afford it, look for the best available player we could get and pay it. I'm genuinely not arsed if we paid £80m for every player if Moshiri can afford it.

We're not skint anymore and it's not your money, and surely seeing a top quality player over someone not as good but 20m cheaper...only one option isn't there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back