January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the summer tho, the players we signed all seemed to happen within a few days, Bolaise was linked by that journo down south then a day later signed, Williams name came up, 2 days later he was done.

We defo prefer flying under the radar on getting deals done.

I know, but lets say he has told United "I only want to play for Everton", which is unlikely, but lets assume, United have a bid of 24m from WBA and we wont go above 20m, United will just not accept our bid and tel Morgs that Everton have to match the WBA bid.

Im waffling at this point, but its not as black and white as people imagine, its a complex game of chess.
I agree you are waffling:) but if he the player wants to play for everton utd get 20m instead of nowt.

I agree you are waffling:) but if he the player wants to play for everton utd get 20m instead of nowt.

Well no Paul, cos theres still 30 days left of the window, so in those 30 days Everton would need to match the bid or Morgs can sit on Uniteds bench for 6months, its up to him.

have a feeling we'll see one or two suprise inns
Great-Inns-Brochure-2016-fr.jpg

I was I had always been this worried about Everton to be honest :)

We are in a more positive position than we have been in decades, just relax a bit and enjoy watching Moshiri do his stuff.
Watch moshiri do his stuff? he's done absolutely nothing so far mate. Absolutely nothing.

Call me naive but I think this will be a big window for us. Depay has a lot of potential and could be a great signing. not so sure about Schneiderlin but is a solid player that could boost us as well. Keane would a good buy if we could get him and VVD is a class act in my opinion .. These at the ones being talked about but I think there could be some surprises and a marguee signing .. Also good to offload some of the fringe players. Some of them just not good enough at this level and we won't improve if we keep playing them... There is some money to recoup if we are clever ... We can still step up and get a decent run together if we strengthen ... Here's hoping !

Well no Paul, cos theres still 30 days left of the window, so in those 30 days Everton would need to match the bid or Morgs can sit on Uniteds bench for 6months, its up to him.
I known what you are saying,but 6months on the bench does no one any favours .morgs fee reduces,everton fill the position,then that leaves say wba as the only team in for him straight away there fee is lower.In an ideal world.

Agreed, I reckon that is what most sensible Blues would want and expect. There will always be an element who will be unhappy no matter what, I just wonder why they bother, if I really felt that negative about the club, despite the facts, I would seriously move on. In the Gordon Lee days my old man started supporting Aberdeen, he had the right idea bless him.

Superfan alert, you okay up there on your ivory tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back