Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd dole out some of this war chest by going all out for Payet, Heaton and Van Dijk. Memphis on loan with an option to buy too.

Yeah,ive mentioned Bazoer for ages on here, not sure if youve seen him but he is a complete midfielder...can play any role in the centre and is a real competitor.

Sanchez just looks impressive, hard to judge being a centre back in Holland but he seems to be able to do everything...we were apparently keen to sign him in the summer (according to a scout who mentioned this in the media the other day) and so were Barca but he went for first team games at Ajax and we perhaps couldnt have gotten a work permit.

All three of them would massively improve us but we would need to sign them in Jan as they will have alot of offers in the summer.

All good suggestions mate. I'd certainly advocate us going down this route of looking for younger more unknown players and it looks from the names linked thats the way we are moving. A lot of quite random shouts being linked which oddly makes me think Walsh is settling into his job well.

I don't really get the depay link, yes he's good, but we signed bolasie in the summer and we have Mirrallas in that position already, unless he is planning to sell Mirrallas or use Depay in a different position

I don't really get the depay link, yes he's good, but we signed bolasie in the summer and we have Mirrallas in that position already, unless he is planning to sell Mirrallas or use Depay in a different position

...I think it's clear that he's not overly enamoured with the likes of Mirallas, Deulofeu and maybe even Barkley. They'll slip down the pecking order if he can get others in.

Mirralas is definitely on borrowed time. He's done nothing for 2yrs
Lennon will also be gone in the summer.

And does Koeman rate Geri? Out of the 4 wide players we have 2 maybe even 3 won't be hear at the star of next season imo

I'd dole out some of this war chest by going all out for Payet, Heaton and Van Dijk. Memphis on loan with an option to buy too.

Heaton and Van Dijk definitely. I'd love Sigurdsson, and think the underrated Snodgrass and Arter would be boss too. Add an actual striker like Wilson and I'd be delighted.

I hope we try make a move for Luke Shaw.

Baines is now injury prone and Oviedo isn't up for it.

Mourinho doesn't seem to be a big fan and publicly criticised him.

Luke Shaw isnt good enough; hes too big and hasnt got the mental strength to be a top flight player.

I would push the boat out for Ryan Bertrand if we could.

Payet would cost a ridiculous amount and wouldn't join us anyway.

Likewise VD.

Heaton is decent but Burnley won't sell him mid-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back