Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the problem with not bringing in people in January because of that whole reason we sold Stones, STCC? If we don't raise our payroll in January pretty massively, we lose any reason we SUPPOSEDLY had for selling him in the summer.

Isn't the problem with not bringing in people in January because of that whole reason we sold Stones, STCC? If we don't raise our payroll in January pretty massively, we lose any reason we SUPPOSEDLY had for selling him in the summer.

We had to sell him because he wanted to go didn't we?

please dont shoot me down, but snodgrass is very under rated, works his absolute socks off every game, he's a game changing midfielder, can take a good free kick, premier league proven, could do alot worse than him for say £15 million. hull would definatly sell too. at the very least he would push barkley for that spot or even replace him.

i just cant see us landing players of the calibre of mata.

ive also shouted for siggurdson in the past. he would improve us too.

wouldnt it be great to sign some actual key players in january, shneiderlin, the ox, a decent keeper and even depay would transform the team.

I was shot down for suggesting Ox a season or two ago...but hes a top player although the worry is that he gets so many injuries.

Would be a starter for england if he wasnt injured so much.

I was shot down for suggesting Ox a season or two ago...but hes a top player although the worry is that he gets so many injuries.

Would be a starter for england if he wasnt injured so much.

thats the asrenal training regime and wimpy nature of the them. its of no coincidence wilshere has played so much for bournemouth without any injury.

wilshere would actually be a class addition too, doubt bournemouth could truly afford to sign him.

Personally, I think we should totally neglect this January transfer window due to how successful our summer transfer trading was. There is no value in January, best off leaving it to the summer when it becomes really cheap and easy to sign players.

If it was up to me I wouldn't even put any decorations up until a week or two before the big day.

Are you based in the States? TBH I don't buy in to the whole thing that much, I just love the time of year because it's the only time I'm with all my old friends and family.

I mentioned this in another thread but the increasing fawning over the John Lewis advert annoys the hell out of me. I actually saw some people on my Facebook saying things like "OMG the John Lewis advert is finally here, it's Christmas everyone!". Yawn.

Nah mate, based nearby to Moscow now, good point is they celebrate the new year big time and that's when they give presents etc, and the tree/decorations are for that as well, Christmas is after in January cos it's orthodox calender and is pretty much still kep as a religious not commercial thing. Starting to change a bit each year though which is annoying, least we always get a white Christmas though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back