Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schneiderlin, Depay and Fabregas would be alright.

Schneiderlin Gueye
Deulofeu Fabregas Depay
Lukaku

Still, it's easy to just throw names out. Wouldn't expect us to go for more than one of those in January and it's looking like it could be Depay

Schneiderlin, Depay and Fabregas would be alright.

Schneiderlin Gueye
Deulofeu Fabregas Depay
Lukaku

Still, it's easy to just throw names out. Wouldn't expect us to go for more than one of those in January and it's looking like it could be Depay

I'd love to see what your 'good' is if that window would just be 'alright'.

But yeh, never happening.

Schneiderlin for me should be a no-brainer, but there may be other reasons we don't go for him (which we won't know for sure until January whether we will or not). Depay similarly represents a good option.

We ain't getting Fabregas.

Even though it is November I am getting quite optimistic about the type of transfers we are looking at. We seem to be targeting relatively obscure younger players, which indicates to me Walsh is getting his feet under the table.

We also look like we are going to try and pick up some guys who have been caste off from top teams. I know people will moan about us taking reserves from clubs, but Chelsea showed the gap there currently is. Schneiderlin and Depay would be two fantastic signings, ideally one on loan one permanently. Fabregas could also do a job for us and give us some much needed creativity, though it is unlikely we'd attract him.

Schneiderlin, Depay, a back up striker and a Centre half would be fantastic, if somewhat ambitious business.

Even though it is November I am getting quite optimistic about the type of transfers we are looking at. We seem to be targeting relatively obscure younger players, which indicates to me Walsh is getting his feet under the table.

We also look like we are going to try and pick up some guys who have been caste off from top teams. I know people will moan about us taking reserves from clubs, but Chelsea showed the gap there currently is. Schneiderlin and Depay would be two fantastic signings, ideally one on loan one permanently. Fabregas could also do a job for us and give us some much needed creativity, though it is unlikely we'd attract him.

Schneiderlin, Depay, a back up striker and a Centre half would be fantastic, if somewhat ambitious business.

Any ideas or opinions on possible centre-halves we could be targetting?

When people talk about picking up cast off's or flops from Man Utd in a negative way i think its abit strange.

Pique and Pogba were both Man Utd "cast off's"
Some people just dont fit at a club at a certain time.

Likewise Lukaku & De Bruyne were both seen as not good enough for Chelsea and now they are both now 2 of the best players in the league in there position

When people talk about picking up cast off's or flops from Man Utd in a negative way i think its abit strange.

Likewise Lukaku & De Bruyne were both seen as not good enough for Chelsea and now they are both now 2 of the best players in the league in there position

Exactly, you have to either grow players or buy them off somebody else, not sure why buying them off Utd is considered as a negative thing........I don't mind them being our feeder club........

Saying that though, i do feel the talk of Sneiderlin and Depay does sound a little Juan Mata'ish to me!
We create all the smoke but there is no chance of it happening i think, Mourinho got burned in the past with Lukaku & De Bruyne he will be more careful again plus United aren't exactly firing on all cylnders at the moment, all it takes is a small shake up from mourinho and a few good results and both players can find themselves important first teamers again..............just like Mata

Any ideas or opinions on possible centre-halves we could be targetting?

That's a difficult one, thoygh I kow @Zatara likes Sanchez rom Ajax and he's normally a good judge. Last season in the championship I liked Dunk, Keane and Gibson. 2 of the 3 are now in the premiership with Keane in particular looking very good. Dunk wouldn't be a stellar name but I think he would be a commanding centre half who'd be good for us.

Then you have lads like Kone, Fonte etc who would all be good additions if w could get them in.

That's a difficult one, thoygh I kow @Zatara likes Sanchez rom Ajax and he's normally a good judge. Last season in the championship I liked Dunk, Keane and Gibson. 2 of the 3 are now in the premiership with Keane in particular looking very good. Dunk wouldn't be a stellar name but I think he would be a commanding centre half who'd be good for us.

Then you have lads like Kone, Fonte etc who would all be good additions if w could get them in.

michael keane definatly a viable option..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back