Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying that though, i do feel the talk of Sneiderlin and Depay does sound a little Juan Mata'ish to me!
We create all the smoke but there is no chance of it happening i think, Mourinho got burned in the past with Lukaku & De Bruyne he will be more careful again plus United aren't exactly firing on all cylnders at the moment, all it takes is a small shake up from mourinho and a few good results and both players can find themselves important first teamers again..............just like Mata
Exactly my thinking.
Its not good policy to talk about other teams contracted players.Never ends well.
It could just be a deliberate smokescreen to keep the press hounds away from the real targets. The club & in particular Steve Walsh will be working on deals well away from the public eye.

That's a difficult one, thoygh I kow @Zatara likes Sanchez rom Ajax and he's normally a good judge. Last season in the championship I liked Dunk, Keane and Gibson. 2 of the 3 are now in the premiership with Keane in particular looking very good. Dunk wouldn't be a stellar name but I think he would be a commanding centre half who'd be good for us.

Then you have lads like Kone, Fonte etc who would all be good additions if w could get them in.

I think Keane would be an excellent buy, haven't seen much of Gibson I'll be honest. Apart from an early loan spell at Tranmere!

The occasions I have seen Dunk, he has looked an absolute brute that can play a bit as well. My only worry would be mobility.

Saying that though, i do feel the talk of Sneiderlin and Depay does sound a little Juan Mata'ish to me!
We create all the smoke but there is no chance of it happening i think, Mourinho got burned in the past with Lukaku & De Bruyne he will be more careful again plus United aren't exactly firing on all cylnders at the moment, all it takes is a small shake up from mourinho and a few good results and both players can find themselves important first teamers again..............just like Mata

Not really mate, Mata was a huge signing for United, and was a proven top level player and arguably one of Chelseas best performers less than 6 months prior to United buying him.

Scheneiderlin was a top player at a mid table Saints team, who took the step up to United and hasn't managed to crack their team, Depay similarly wasa touted young player moving from an inferior league who hasn't cracked there team either.

Mourinho unless he changes the habits of a lifetime doesn't operate with a massive squad of first team players but tends to use the same 15-16 players constantly, if they haven't got a look in by January with the way United has been struggling and with the players he's already tried out then they won't ever udner him.

Martial, Lingaard, Rashford, Mata, Young, Mkhitarian, are all ahead of Depay so hard to ever see him getting so much as a chance never mind any run int he team

Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick and possibly 1 or two others ahead of Schneiderlin for that Defensive midfield role so similar situation really

Shaw is the surprise though, Mourinho really doesn't seem to want him there atm, hopefully the rs rumours are rubbish

...Sardar Azmoun rumours continue, probably stoked by us having an Iranian owner but the lads stats for the national team are quite good;

http://www.shoot.co.uk/everton-preparing-to-hijack-liverpool-striker-deal/

I don't mind at all signing potential like this, but its unlikely he could come straight in and make an impact to the level desired.

As long as players such as this are signed in addition to, rather than instead of, prime targets, then I think it's all good.

I would prefer one signing whom we know can go straight into the team, rather than 3 Sardar Amzoun types.

No reason of course, why both types of signings cannot be accomodated.

I don't mind at all signing potential like this, but its unlikely he could come straight in and make an impact to the level desired.

As long as players such as this are signed in addition to, rather than instead of, prime targets, then I think it's all good.

I would prefer one signing whom we know can go straight into the team, rather than 3 Sardar Amzoun types.

No reason of course, why both types of signings cannot be accomodated.

That's definitely the case, but I do think we have to be realistic with the profile we need for Centre forward. It is not a player who can come in and be first choice, but likely a bench player who will get some time in rotation. Also a lad who if he shows improvement over 6 months may be first choice. He ticks a lot of those boxes.

I think this Depay deal has already been agreed for Koeman to come out in public like this and also for our club to tweet about him.

I think Keane would be an excellent buy, haven't seen much of Gibson I'll be honest. Apart from an early loan spell at Tranmere!

The occasions I have seen Dunk, he has looked an absolute brute that can play a bit as well. My only worry would be mobility.

I think Keane will be out of our price range now mate. He was 12 million in the summer, probably double that now with Chelsea circling. We can pay that but not sure he would come. I think it shows though lads in the championship can step up.

You some Dunk up perfectly. I'd worry about pace and mobility but not sure pace is essential for defenders for Koeman. I think he'd come on under him.

Not really mate, Mata was a huge signing for United, and was a proven top level player and arguably one of Chelseas best performers less than 6 months prior to United buying him.

Scheneiderlin was a top player at a mid table Saints team, who took the step up to United and hasn't managed to crack their team, Depay similarly wasa touted young player moving from an inferior league who hasn't cracked there team either.

Mourinho unless he changes the habits of a lifetime doesn't operate with a massive squad of first team players but tends to use the same 15-16 players constantly, if they haven't got a look in by January with the way United has been struggling and with the players he's already tried out then they won't ever udner him.

Martial, Lingaard, Rashford, Mata, Young, Mkhitarian, are all ahead of Depay so hard to ever see him getting so much as a chance never mind any run int he team

Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick and possibly 1 or two others ahead of Schneiderlin for that Defensive midfield role so similar situation really

Shaw is the surprise though, Mourinho really doesn't seem to want him there atm, hopefully the rs rumours are rubbish

I think Martial will be gone in the summer. Mourinho changed his shirt number without telling him which also affected his merchandising deals and his agent stated that he was devastated.

We should make a cheeky offer...nothing to lose and he lives nearby...99.9% wont happen but you need to throw your hat in the ring.

One weird thing with martial, 15 full internationals...1 goal.

I think Keane will be out of our price range now mate. He was 12 million in the summer, probably double that now with Chelsea circling. We can pay that but not sure he would come. I think it shows though lads in the championship can step up.

You some Dunk up perfectly. I'd worry about pace and mobility but not sure pace is essential for defenders for Koeman. I think he'd come on under him.

How much would keen be worth now and is he worth it in comparison to us getting in a Davinson Sanchez or a Kalidou Koulibaly?

Not sure anything is reasonably out of range if we bid £45mil+ for koulibaly and £30mil for Sissoko.

I hope we try make a move for Luke Shaw.

Baines is now injury prone and Oviedo isn't up for it.

Mourinho doesn't seem to be a big fan and publicly criticised him.

good god no, he's absolutely woeful. I don't see what anyone sees in him, he's blessed as this super attacking full back, yet where are the stats to back that up? no goals, no assists, massive fee, big wages and never ever fit. We already have two left backs who can't stay fit.

we offered £60m for koulibaly so the money would definitely be there, whether we'd want it to spend it on him is another thing, i think centre back is not a massively pressing matter at this time, compared to other priorities anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back