Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to hear that tbh, just looks like a poor mans John Carew from the clips i've watched.

If we are gonna spend a fair whack on a striker - much rather we went after the young lad from Ajax - Dolberg, to quote @MoutsGoat , he has magic in his boots

I scouted him for a bit, hes not great if im honest, the boy Haller I mean.

He scores goals tho.

I know the original rumour was a joke, but I like Deeney a lot. If we can't get a creative player behind Rom, he'd be a good foil for him

we wont be looking for a typical playmaker type behind him mate, almost certain we will look to bring in a 'secondary' striker type

Deeney will be a rubbish rumour like, but that 'style' of player is a lot more likely than a siggurdson type (see Isak, Dolberg links for the type we will more likely be after)

I know the original rumour was a joke, but I like Deeney a lot. If we can't get a creative player behind Rom, he'd be a good foil for him

....looks overweight to me and he was left out of a struggling Watford side recently. Saying that, it's all about blend and players complimenting each other and RK appears to like somebody supporting Lukaku.

Janssen will be fine, he justs needs games, he wont get them at Spurs tho sadly.

Janssen looked like a natural finisher, this boy doesnt even look that.

Looking at the players from the Dutch league, think more than pure finishing is the other parts of their game which will give an indicationif they will make it or not over here.

the best ones seemed to have the right blend of just natural skill and a bit of presence about them, very very hit and miss league to buy from though - hopefully having a dutch manager gives us a little bit of an edge on avoiding the turkeys though

...no, definitely not.

o4VVCVku.jpg

General opinion seems to swing back and forth on here about him haha one minute would be a good signing, the next is crap and waste of money etc

Think in his case for arguments sake, given enough game time could he break 10 goals a season as a second striker? If so then would be a good investment, if not then no. that rule applies to any second striker that we possibly brought in.

wow, there is me talking about signings, forgot myself for a minute, still not sold anyone right? ahh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back