Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasnt done too bad when all n sundry wrote him off.
Turned Ashley Williams like he wasnt there.
Early stages yet , but as comebacks go he doin ok.
He doesn't look the same player he was mate. No shame in that but he's yet another example of a player suffering that injury and not returning as before, as Bolasie will probably be like.

He doesn't look the same player he was mate. No shame in that but he's yet another example of a player suffering that injury and not returning as before, as Bolasie will probably be like.
Obviously not the same level of player , but he's far from finished. Maybe not scoring the same amount but his workrate & general play would put some of ours to same....good on him.

Sorry for nonsense post! But:

I'd absolutely love to see both Schneiderlin and Banega arriving this window, with Cleverley and Gibson exiting to make place.

Not at all sure if Koeman is open to the idea of recruiting a character like Banega who has always come across as a bit excentric and does not really measure up to the standards of athleticism that Koeman seems to favour. Seems more like a Martinez kind of signing in the "brilliant but flawed" category. But if we are to build a team with athletic, direct wingers and a second striker kind of no.10, it seems to me like a sizeable part of the creativity and distribution has to come from somewhere deeper down the pitch. Banega doing the thing he did at Sevilla would add a whole different dimension to our midfield play.

He might not be an automatic starter – but even with the more realist, direct tactical approach Koeman seems to have landed on, we are in need of more inventiveness in our buildup play. Ross never really responded well to the challenge of shouldering the whole responsibility by himself. Barry is in his twilight years, Gibson needs to be shipped out, and while it's been a good while since Baines was the playmaker full back who made the team tick, he still has an ability to bring key passes to the table that exceeds what can be expected from his successor whoever that may turn out to be.

If Banega is really being available for a cut-price, and if hasn't already set his mind on spending his prime years reaping silly wages in the chinese league, that would be a good way to address this soon-to-be worsening deficit.

Plus, playing alongside an argentine playmaker with plenty of caps should make the rest of the team feel at least 10% sexier at the pitch, bit like walking into a nightclub with a model on your arm...

I believe koeman was manager at Valencia when banega was there mate

Wow what a silly comment, to say the least,and what's worse got three likes?

Don't understand the inner workings of the brain of some blues to be honest....
Some of these posters are a laugh a minute aren't they? I reckon it's a throwback to the old northern working class bloke - look at me I'm hard- I think everything is crap.
(Expects post saying - "it is crap")

Wow what a silly comment, to say the least,and what's worse got three likes?

Don't understand the inner workings of the brain of some blues to be honest....

Might be the new 'hipster' thing everything is crap and everyone's crap and nobody else is allowed an opinion that's different to my glass half empty one, god forbid it be a positive one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back