Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've wanted Berahino for about 2 years now, I think he would be the nearest to a Defoe like player, before West brom denying his move he was in the england squad and doing well, now I understand people questioning his attitude, but I f I wanted to better myself and become a top player and the club refused and refused to sell me, i wouldn't be too happy.
It's not just the fact they wouldn't sell him, they also refused to play him a lot.
He's the type of player we haven't had for a long time, and the type of player who I think would do well with lukaku, while Lukaku is doing his 'Saha' impressions spending most of the time going to get the ball himself on the wing and having to create stuff for himself, we would have a very good finisher hanging around the box waiting.

Id have Sakho off Liverpool if he's available. Not even messing.

A4jJ_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

I read a year or so ago the reason west brom didn't want to sell him for so much at the time was because it would mean Pulis would put the money through his agent mates rather than sign individual players.

no idea any truth in it

Edit- more info, it was not long after he got the job so they were worried he would just sign certain players rather than not having faith in him!

I remember this - it was the secret footballer, though his site seems to be down today the article will be here when it's back up http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/...middle-of-chairman-manager-transfer-standoff/

I remember thinking they were astounding allegations at the time, and inm amazed he's still there a year later. I think he's been treated very badly if that's true - a whole year of his career lost

I've wanted Berahino for about 2 years now, I think he would be the nearest to a Defoe like player, before West brom denying his move he was in the england squad and doing well, now I understand people questioning his attitude, but I f I wanted to better myself and become a top player and the club refused and refused to sell me, i wouldn't be too happy.
It's not just the fact they wouldn't sell him, they also refused to play him a lot.
He's the type of player we haven't had for a long time, and the type of player who I think would do well with lukaku, while Lukaku is doing his 'Saha' impressions spending most of the time going to get the ball himself on the wing and having to create stuff for himself, we would have a very good finisher hanging around the box waiting.
did he and Rom play together at West Brom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back