Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful lot of loan talk goat, why is it all about loans all of a sudden. These teams all have money now. Loans do not appease me re Niasse and Clev.

I doubt championship clubs can afford their wages to be fair, and why should the players take a massive drop to go down a division when they have a contract. our fault for giving them so much

Awful lot of loan talk goat, why is it all about loans
I doubt championship clubs can afford their wages to be fair, and why should the players take a massive drop to go down a division when they have a contract. our fault for giving them so much
yeah why would you, getting paid stupid money each week for doing nothing or go down a league have to work hard and get paid less

To be honest seeing as our season is basically over and all we have to play for is 7th and possibly qualifying for europe via that position depending on who wins the cups then if we only got Morgs and Depay in now to go with Lookman but had a very good summer I could go with that. Depends how many we shift out now I guess, if we get rid of more than 4 then we need to sign more players probably. Obviously i know we need a keeper and a defender or two but if the right men aren't available till the summer then there is no point taking anyone for the sake of it when they might not be in the plans long term.

Just hope if we do sign more than those mentioned it is a pleasant surprise with the quality they have.

I think Sigurdson is just as good/crap as Barkley is. I think we need far better than him. I don't see much point in us loaning out Cleverley, not at present anyway, as our central midfield is near enough non-existent with all the injuries and international duty.

I think Sigurdson is just as good/crap as Barkley is. I think we need far better than him. I don't see much point in us loaning out Cleverley, not at present anyway, as our central midfield is near enough non-existent with all the injuries and international duty.

We went for better in the summer though and ended up with nothing.

I'm not convinced we'd get Sig, btw, purely as I reckon Swansea would want far too much, but we're not yet in a position where we can go out and attract the level of player above him.

My question is....

Is Siggurdsson is such a good player that would improve us, why hasn't any other club been in for him at any point? The one team that did sold him back to swansea again so hardly a marker for him being better than what we have.

He strikes me as a mid table player, which we are currently full of.

We went for better in the summer though and ended up with nothing.

I'm not convinced we'd get Sig, btw, purely as I reckon Swansea would want far too much, but we're not yet in a position where we can go out and attract the level of player above him.

We can attract far better than the likes of Sigurdson. We were signing better players than him back in 1994, when we had absolutely no money and were fighting relegation battles. We were signing better players than him under Moyes. We have better players than him right now.

We can attract far better than the likes of Sigurdson. We were signing better players than him back in 1994, when we had absolutely no money and were fighting relegation battles. We were signing better players than him under Moyes. We have better players than him right now.

Disagree with this. No way Barkley is better than Gylfi at this point in time. The Icelander's set-pieces alone are worth their weight in gold. We've got no one who can deliver quality from a dead ball situation with any consistency.

Could do mate, I personally havent seen him out wide, so not sure if hes any good there.

Surprisingly Siggy has spent a lot of time on the left wing, he was more of a effective barkley on the left under Martinez (god I hated one winger).

It suprises me to to be honest because Swansea looked a lot better with routledge on the right and Montero on the left with siggy behind bony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back