Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
he influenced about 4 signings in the past 10 years that proved worthy. if I did the research, I could find you 20 that were crap. We needed a Monchi not this rubbish. He's past it and useless. He does most of his research on youtube and Everton's scouting has always been good in recent years as has been proved with Jagielka, Lukaku, Lescott, Arteta, Cahill and plenty others. Steve Walsh is useless and belongs in League one scouting crappy players on rainy nights for no-mark clubs like Leicester. Koeman is aiming champions league and Leicester's league win was a complete one-off based on dogs of war of war in a fluke season not fighting relegation.

Ha ha. Time for a lie down mate.

Steve Walsh suits a championship club (which Leicester were recently) that buys bargains from lower leagues and foreign lands to achieve success or money. He does not suit Everton's pursuit for top 4. Mahrez one of the best players in the world? nah I didn't think you'd agree. tell the truth. we have a chump as director of football.

They set Walsh on to get these signings, if true he should bring it to a head, at the end of the day it is responsibility.

...Bill is club chairman. It's difficult to stop somebody more senior from interfering in the process. I think you will have to believe that Walsh is trying to overcome the problem.

It's absolutely nothing mate, peanuts when you consider our other options are Kone and Niasse who cost a combined £20m

Im not claiming that im better than walsh, but for £8.5m I would rather have a lower league talent with the desire to succeed in England.
Your right though in the sense that £8.5m is nothing, the way I see it we could either use the £8.5 and put the £2m towards the haggling of morgan. The use the £6.5m to buy another talent like Lookman. Infact I would use the £6.5m to buy a player looking for another chance such as Luiz Adriano from Milan (or another of your choice).

I see your point but being honest that was a one off fluke/perfect storm which is likely to never be repeated again In our liftimes. Look at where they are in the league now...

It was a perfect storm, far from a fluke. My point was though that they all don't need to be top draw, world celebs and superstars. its about building a team that work in cohesion and have balance.

We got in the top 4 one year with Lee Carsley, Marcus Bent and Tony Hibbert in the side didn't we. It's all about finding the right blend.

Steve Walsh suits a championship club (which Leicester were recently) that buys bargains from lower leagues and foreign lands to achieve success or money. He does not suit Everton's pursuit for top 4. Mahrez one of the best players in the world? nah I didn't think you'd agree. tell the truth. we have a chump as director of football.

Would that be the same Mahrez that's just been named Afirican POTY?

He cost how much again?

Would that be the same Mahrez that's just been named Afirican POTY?

He cost how much again?

so if we signed Coleman for 60k, and sold him for 30m two years ago, our scout could be our director of football? Leicester won the league for a lot of reasons, and a lot of them don't matter, like your post.

How could you possibly know that?

I'm just confused as you are stating it as fact, when all his resume consists of right now is success after success.

He's been involved in identifying the likes of Zola, Drogba, Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Gana... what is it exactly that says to you he isn't up to the job? Any evidence whatsoever?

No, thought not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back