Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronald Koeman is a winner, Steve Walsh is of lower league level. All of our signings will be down to Ronald Koeman, not Steve Walsh. Steve Walsh is there to help, but Ronald Koeman gives the final say. For example, we would not sign Lookman or Gueye unless Koeman thought it was a good idea. Get over it.

So basically it is Bill and his cronies to blame after winning the lottery and still shopping in Poundland. Everton that.

Of course it may not be true so we will have to wait and see.

so if we signed Coleman for 60k, and sold him for 30m two years ago, our scout could be our director of football? Leicester won the league for a lot of reasons, and a lot of them don't matter, like your post.

It wasn't just Mahrez though was it? Kante was the key to their success last season and he was at Leicester solely due to Walsh.

I'll take SAF's view on the importance of Walsh to Leicester's success last season over yours thanks.

Looks like Pennington is going out on loan from our site today says Unsworth, are we freeing up a squad number for Fonte

I actually believe this is good short term business whilst we have Holgate, Galloway and Pennington maturing

Obviously not for the 12 million quoted and just for two years....

Ronald Koeman is a winner, Steve Walsh is of lower league level. All of our signings will be down to Ronald Koeman, not Steve Walsh. Steve Walsh is there to help, but Ronald Koeman gives the final say. For example, we would not sign Lookman or Gueye unless Koeman thought it was a good idea. Get over it.

Walsh identified players that WON the Premier League mate...

But yes, Koeman and Walsh work together to bring targets in. That isn't Walsh's only remit though.

How could you possibly know that?

I'm just confused as you are stating it as fact, when all his resume consists of right now is success after success.

He's been involved in identifying the likes of Zola, Drogba, Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Gana... what is it exactly that says to you he isn't up to the job? Any evidence whatsoever?

No, thought not...

I'm really not giving Walsh any credit for Zola and Drogba like!

How could you possibly know that?

I'm just confused as you are stating it as fact, when all his resume consists of right now is success after success.

He's been involved in identifying the likes of Zola, Drogba, Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Gana... what is it exactly that says to you he isn't up to the job? Any evidence whatsoever?

No, thought not...

Zola was compared to Maradona at a young age. You have mentioned nobody new. It's all based on Leicester winning the league ,which you know as well as I do, as is being proved now, was a fluke or a combination of factors. Lie all about it as much as you want, but I could watch a video of a player and scout him as well as you could as well as could Steve Walsh, and we all know Steve Walsh is average. He did not pick a Messi out.

Rumour Mill LIVE: Everton eye Elmohamady and Fonte

Date published: Tuesday 10th January 2017 11:12

Elmohamady-Fonte.jpg

Elmohamady and Fonte: Both targeted by Everton
Everton have made Hull an offer for Ahmed Elmohamady and are among the frontrunners for Jose Fonte, according to one of Tuesday’s transfer rumours…

Rumour Mill LIVE: Everton eye Elmohamady and Fonte

Date published: Tuesday 10th January 2017 11:12

Elmohamady-Fonte.jpg

Elmohamady and Fonte: Both targeted by Everton
Everton have made Hull an offer for Ahmed Elmohamady and are among the frontrunners for Jose Fonte, according to one of Tuesday’s transfer rumours…

Hahahahahahahahaha...................................................................................

If true like.

Walsh identified players that WON the Premier League mate...

But yes, Koeman and Walsh work together to bring targets in. That isn't Walsh's only remit though.

don't agree. I'd trust Koeman to spot a player above Walsh. Walsh is just somebody who has earned more money than he should Koeman was a proper footballer player and someone who played at the highest level and who is trying to recreate it. Walsh is just a chump we brought in cos Leicester had one good season. Leicester's manager was not Steve Walsh nor did he sign their 20 players+ squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back