Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour Mill LIVE: Everton eye Elmohamady and Fonte

Date published: Tuesday 10th January 2017 11:12

Elmohamady-Fonte.jpg

Elmohamady and Fonte: Both targeted by Everton
Everton have made Hull an offer for Ahmed Elmohamady and are among the frontrunners for Jose Fonte, according to one of Tuesday’s transfer rumours…

If we sign Tickle Me Elmo-hamady, I'm not renewing my season ticket.

But we won't, so it's a non-issue.

I think given the disgraceful summer transfer window coupled with our assumed new-found wealth rightfully led to many fans expecting players lined up and ready to be announced very early on in this window.

Most fans feared a horrific first half of the season thanks to going into the campaign with two woefully inadequate goalkeepers, no competition in central midfield, a load of bog standard wide men, an aging defence and one real striker in the entire squad, and this has proven to be fully correct by two embarrassing cup exits and us somehow playing worse than under Roberto Martinez.

Sometimes the fans really do know better than those employees of Everton who are being paid millions to take us backwards.

To not have signed anybody up so far is laughable, perfectly highlighted by our humbling by Leicester in our only chance of success this season last weekend.

Now we are fighting to finish 7th at best, and that's it. We'd all take 11th and two good cup runs over that.

Zola was compared to Maradona at a young age. You have mentioned nobody new. It's all based on Leicester winning the league ,which you know as well as I do, as is being proved now, was a fluke or a combination of factors. Lie all about it as much as you want, but I could watch a video of a player and scout him as well as you could as well as could Steve Walsh, and we all know Steve Walsh is average. He did not pick a Messi out.

We don't. There's no evidence. You can't supply any. He might flop here, but there's no evidence to suggest he will.

We don't. There's no evidence. You can't supply any. He might flop here, but there's no evidence to suggest he will.

Walsh joined Everton in July. We signed Bolasie for 25m in August. Your posts show you don't agree with the fee. there's plenty of evidence in that transfer alone. you are right in pointing out the fee was too much as much as I am in pointing out Bolasie has a much as skill as anybody. Mahrez, Vardy, Kante, don't prove anything. Plenty of clubs and transfer scouting networks get 2 or 3 signing right. there's your evidence. Walsh is average and sanctioned 28m on Bolasie at his age. it would only have worked out had we spent money on better players for other positions also. Bolasie has all the skill in the world but Walsh sanctioned 28m on him which is a joke.

he influenced about 4 signings in the past 10 years that proved worthy. if I did the research, I could find you 20 that were crap. We needed a Monchi not this rubbish. He's past it and useless. He does most of his research on youtube and Everton's scouting has always been good in recent years as has been proved with Jagielka, Lukaku, Lescott, Arteta, Cahill and plenty others. Steve Walsh is useless and belongs in League one scouting crappy players on rainy nights for no-mark clubs like Leicester. Koeman is aiming champions league and Leicester's league win was a complete one-off based on dogs of war of war in a fluke season not fighting relegation.

I would like to believe that im one of the more patient guys here mate. Honestly I cannot believe that you are slating Walsh for winning the league with little expenditure. Surely that is the type of guy Everton need until things like commercial deals and the stadium come into play ?

If you slated him for spending £500m at Leicester to win the league then I could understand.

Lets just see what Walsh comes up with between now and the summer, Koeman, walsh and Moshiri can all be judged then. I do however expect some sort of movement from the board/club this week.

Of course maybe my point is irrelevant anyway because I still like moyes' way of finding Arteta and cahill for £5m :D

If we sign Tickle Me Elmo-hamady, I'm not renewing my season ticket.

But we won't, so it's a non-issue.

Im will stand next to you and throw my season ticket at Walsh and Moshiri if we sign Elmo. As good as Jose Fonte is, im sure we bought Williams for the very same reason. Leader, good in the air etc etc....

I want us to sign a solid proven defender like a Nemanja Vidic. Of course he has to be mean looking and Slovakian/Serbian/Russian brute.

Walsh joined Everton in July. We signed Bolasie for 25m in August. Your posts show you don't agree with the fee. there's plenty of evidence in that transfer alone. you are right in pointing out the fee was too much as much as I am in pointing out Bolasie has a much as skill as anybody. Mahrez, Vardy, Kante, don't prove anything. Plenty of clubs and transfer scouting networks get 2 or 3 signing right. there's your evidence. Walsh is average and sanctioned 28m on Bolasie at his age. it would only have worked out had we spent money on better players for other positions also. Bolasie has all the skill in the world but Walsh sanctioned 28m on him which is a joke.

You're another on a mission I know, but at least get your facts straight in terms of transfers over the summer as you pile into Steve Walsh to vent your frustration. Walsh is not the problem at Everton and you know it, but if he is to be the solution it will take more than a few months to work through, so give him time and find a more credible scapegoat, there are plenty out there if you try a little harder.

You're another on a mission I know, but at least get your facts straight in terms of transfers over the summer as you pile into Steve Walsh to vent your frustration. Walsh is not the problem at Everton and you know it, but if he is to be the solution it will take more than a few months to work through, so give him time and find a more credible scapegoat, there are plenty out there if you try a little harder.

who is a more credible scapegoat to you? koeman? bolasie an innocent and kind human being? kenwright who is on the board and got us moshiri? hibbert? Osman? walsh is responsible for us spending 28m on Bolasie and as much as I wanted it to work out, as tubey and others have pointed out, it is an utter joke from a chump.

mahrez, kante, vardy and rumours of drogba in the past 15 years make him some God???????? Moyes did better as did Martinez. we got Coleman for 60k without a DOF or Walsh. £28m on Bolasie? I backed it hoping for more intelligent signings but I cannot justify it and agree with those who slated the fee. Walsh was a part of it or only in the bargains like Gueye? Walsh knows more about transfer targets and fees than Koeman and Walsh blew £28m on Bolasie at 27. joke.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back