Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
who is a more credible scapegoat to you? koeman? bolasie an innocent and kind human being? kenwright who is on the board and got us moshiri? hibbert? Osman? walsh is responsible for us spending 28m on Bolasie and as much as I wanted it to work out, as tubey and others have pointed out, it is an utter joke from a chump.

mahrez, kante, vardy and rumours of drogba in the past 15 years make him some God???????? Moyes did better as did Martinez. we got Coleman for 60k without a DOF or Walsh. £28m on Bolasie? I backed it hoping for more intelligent signings but I cannot justify it and agree with those who slated the fee. Walsh was a part of it or only in the bargains like Gueye? Walsh knows more about transfer targets and fees than Koeman and Walsh blew £28m on Bolasie at 27. joke.
Walsh has probably been responsible for 2 of our signings so far. Gueye and Lookman. The rest have been Koeman. Morgan, Fonte, Depay and the likes will also be Koemans choices if any happen as well. Yes Walsh will be involved in these signings but I don't think we will see the benefits of his scouting for a window or 2 yet. As a DOF he will be working on Koeman's choices, as a scout he will still be coming up with his own. If Lookman turns out a good buy as some suggest then that will be a pretty good record for starters.

Walsh has probably been responsible for 2 of our signings so far. Gueye and Lookman. The rest have been Koeman. Morgan, Fonte, Depay and the likes will also be Koemans choices if any happen as well. Yes Walsh will be involved in these signings but I don't think we will see the benefits of his scouting for a window or 2 yet. As a DOF he will be working on Koeman's choices, as a scout he will still be coming up with his own. If Lookman turns out a good buy as some suggest then that will be a pretty good record for starters.
To be fair, he also has to be responsible for having an accepted bid of £30m for Moussa fn Sissoko.

To be fair, he also has to be responsible for having an accepted bid of £30m for Moussa fn Sissoko.
I don't believe targets like this will be his choice but as a DOF he will be negotiating the deals.
These ready made premier players will be Koemans choices.

I agree Lookman looks good. I would say he looks as good as Rooney did at the same time in his development. Could be a massive star. Has skill, a nice touch can score, dribble, is creative. He is the future new Wayne Rooney to me but I think we had him on our radar before Walsh. Just didn't have the money before Moshiri.

Manolas is twice the defender VVD is. Has more energy, better tackler, more agility. VVD would be a waste of money imo at £50m especially as Manolas is younger and I wish we had gone for him in the past but we likely didn't have the money.

£35mil would be the definition of a bargain.

Amazing to write that...imagine thinking that a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back