Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgian keeper Koen Casteels of Wolfsburg would be a great buy. He's a great talented keeper and started the season really well but after the arrival of a new coach was put out f the team. When they were both playing in the youth division of Genk he was always considered to be better than Courteois.

Think his stats say otherwise mate, also can't believe how many clubs he's been at for a 24 year old lad.

Senior career*
Years
Team Apps (Gls)
2009–2012
Lyon 10 (0)
2012Bologna (loan) 8 (0)
2012–2013 Parma 33 (8)
2013–2014 Internazionale 8 (0)
2014Livorno (loan) 17 (0)
2014–2015 Parma 23 (1)
2015–2016 Baniyas Club 23 (11)
2016– Standard Liège 14 (6)

2 loans and Parma went banckrupt. So 5 proper clubs.

He is an attacking winger not a striker.

Walsh has probably been responsible for 2 of our signings so far. Gueye and Lookman. The rest have been Koeman. Morgan, Fonte, Depay and the likes will also be Koemans choices if any happen as well. Yes Walsh will be involved in these signings but I don't think we will see the benefits of his scouting for a window or 2 yet. As a DOF he will be working on Koeman's choices, as a scout he will still be coming up with his own. If Lookman turns out a good buy as some suggest then that will be a pretty good record for starters.

This exactly.

There are two roles for Walsh IMO, finding the players that Koeman requires, im sure they will work together on this.
Then walsh will have another list of finding the best young talent for the future.
So say we have £100m to spend, we pay £25 for morgan, £35 for manolas and £25m for depay. That leaves Walsh with £10m for lookman and another £5m to find a young prospect from lower leagues for whatever position needs covering in say three years.

The above may explain why we are haggling over £2-3m for morgan. Of course just my opinion and £100m as an example.

Belgian keeper Koen Casteels of Wolfsburg would be a great buy. He's a great talented keeper and started the season really well but after the arrival of a new coach was put out f the team. When they were both playing in the youth division of Genk he was always considered to be better than Courteois.

Ruffier or hart for now.

2 loans and Parma went banckrupt. So 5 proper clubs.

He is an attacking winger not a striker.

Belfodil started as a striker. He was behind Lisandro Lopez at the beginning. Lisandro replaced benzema as I recall it.

I agree Lookman looks good. I would say he looks as good as Rooney did at the same time in his development. Could be a massive star. Has skill, a nice touch can score, dribble, is creative. He is the future new Wayne Rooney to me but I think we had him on our radar before Walsh. Just didn't have the money before Moshiri.

Tell me, have you ever seen Lookman play? If so, how many times? Because to say he's as good as Rooney was at the same stage in his development is quite a ridiculous thing to say. Lookman is 19. Rooney had made his England debut at 17, scored 4 goals for his Country in Euro 2004, scored THAT goal v Arsenal before his 17th birthday, moved to Utd for 26m at 18, scored a hatrick on his Champions League debut at 18, he'd also scored 26 Prem goals at the age Lookman is now. Not that similar to me.
I'm excited as any on here about what I've READ about him, I've never seen him, I doubt many of us have apart from a few YouTube clips.

Tell me, have you ever seen Lookman play? If so, how many times? Because to say he's as good as Rooney was at the same stage in his development is quite a ridiculous thing to say. Lookman is 19. Rooney had made his England debut at 17, scored 4 goals for his Country in Euro 2004, scored THAT goal v Arsenal before his 17th birthday, moved to Utd for 26m at 18, scored a hatrick on his Champions League debut at 18, he'd also scored 26 Prem goals at the age Lookman is now. Not that similar to me.
I'm excited as any on here about what I've READ about him, I've never seen him, I doubt many of us have apart from a few YouTube clips.

If Lookman matches that in next 10 years he will have done well, nowhere near the same level as Rooney, but very few were at 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back