Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once got 39 goals in a title winning season for me on FM, with 19 Pace and Acceleration.

Never actually seen him play obviously, but thought it worth a mention.

....I fear he lacks pace and acceleration. Very tall and skilfull by the looks of it. Wouldn't be a busy type of forward but perhaps he's seen as a foil for Lukaku in a similar way to how Pelle was used at Southampton.

His numbers look poor cos hes played mainly as a winger for a number of years, from what I can see its only really the last 2 seasons he has played up top.

....funny that, you wouldn't consider him a conventional winger and I wondered if he had a preference for drifting wide right. He's very tall and from what I could see not the type of movement you would expect from somebody running a full back.

8 assists and 12 goals in 110 appearances according to whoscored.com

Im not gonna lie, his digits arent impressive and his moving from club to club is certainly an issue, in his younger days he also struggled with his application, hence him moving around a lot. No, ive never seen him play, but I did look a little bit into the lad.

Hes a gamble, for sure, but from what ive watched on the youtubes, he has a certain something.

This is an oldish vid and its not impressive, you can see hes a bit raw still, with only being 22, the hope is that the switch up top, coupled with a degree of hunger has made it all click in his head.

His numbers look poor cos hes played mainly as a winger for a number of years, from what I can see its only really the last 2 seasons he has played up top.

Worth mentioning that whilst I wasn't too keen on him earlier, he did play for Parma during a turbulent spell in their history and did well.
Also the issue with appearance stats is that he was a substitute for Lyon whilst they had Lisandro Lopez playing. Statistics can be manipulated to suit a persons argument.

Steven Naismith and Tim Cahill's stats probably aren't great, but what they did within the team was brilliant IMO.

With finishing 6th quite possibly being virtually no more beneficial than 7th and our closest rivals in the 'race' for 7th looking average at best, I hope we treat this window as an extension of the summer one and take our time to make the right transfers for next season and beyond. It really doesn't matter a whole lot at this point when in the month they arrive.

....funny that, you wouldn't consider him a conventional winger and I wondered if he had a preference for drifting wide right. He's very tall and from what I could see not the type of movement you would expect from somebody running a full back.

He does seem to have a good touch for a big man, as I say, most of what ive watched he appears very raw on the ball, you would imagine sometimes he looks very Straq, but he has a certain something that I couldnt quite put my finger on.

Worth mentioning that whilst I wasn't too keen on him earlier, he did play for Parma during a turbulent spell in their history and did well.
Also the issue with appearance stats is that he was a substitute for Lyon whilst they had Lisandro Lopez playing. Statistics can be manipulated to suit a persons argument.

Steven Naismith and Tim Cahill's stats probably aren't great, but what they did within the team was brilliant IMO.

1 look at his wiki page and his clubs screams OMG, but as I say, I looked a little bit into it and whilst its still a major concern, he was young and the fact that so many biggish clubs have taken a chance on him suggests theres something there.

Defo would be a gamble, but theres a player there IMO, just whether we can dig it out.

He does seem to have a good touch for a big man, as I say, most of what ive watched he appears very raw on the ball, you would imagine sometimes he looks very Straq, but he has a certain something that I couldnt quite put my finger on.

1 look at his wiki page and his clubs screams OMG, but as I say, I looked a little bit into it and whilst its still a major concern, he was young and the fact that so many biggish clubs have taken a chance on him suggests theres something there.

Defo would be a gamble, but theres a player there IMO, just whether we can dig it out.

...I agree about his touch, MG. if it's true he could be seen in the same supporting role as Calvert-Lewin.

I must add, I thankfully wouldn't compare him to Straq.

I'd say our record over the past few years of getting the best out of players whom have 'something there' is woeful. Mirallas, Gerri, Barkley. Only player we've signed in that bracket that fits that mold is stones and he hasn't really progressed the last 12 to 18 months if anything he's gone backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back